• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Godzilla PS3/PS4 Game Gets N. American Release in Summer 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Wonder why they couldn't release it sooner given the (somewhat) hype that the Big G had earlier this year.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I'll take credit for the US release of this game. I say that because I had preordered an import version. Now the game will be brought over and given an English language release. Rolling Eyes

(If I didn't order it, the game would not have been released here, at least that Murphy and his Law tells me.) Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Imagine if we got a Godzilla Japanese anime. That would be something that would appeal to many fans.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Imagine if we got a Godzilla Japanese anime. That would be something that would appeal to many fans.

As much as I love to see a Godzilla anime, I don't think that would happen. Toho had many opportunity to make it into a anime, but it never happened so I don't expect a Godzilla anime to happen anytime in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
mdo7, we can only dream. Seriously, I think that such a series could become a success.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
mdo7, we can only dream. Seriously, I think that such a series could become a success.

Yeah but I highly doubt it, Toho had many opportunity since 1970's and nothing ever came.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
I'll take credit for the US release of this game. I say that because I had preordered an import version. Now the game will be brought over and given an English language release. Rolling Eyes

(If I didn't order it, the game would not have been released here, at least that Murphy and his Law tells me.) Wink

I preordered it too. Seems way too long a gap between releases to me. Unless they will be releasing it on PS4 in Japan at the same time.

Im still keeping my PS3 preorder, but i will pick up the english PS4 version.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
Removed all the bickering posts. You guys can settle things via PM, if you still want to. But there's no need to flood the topic by making over half its posts a 1-on-1 back-and-forth argument.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Removed all the bickering posts. You guys can settle things via PM, if you still want to. But there's no need to flood the topic by making over half its posts a 1-on-1 back-and-forth argument.

Thanks for cleaning the thread Tony. Again I apologize if the thread got derailed and got out of control.

Back on topic: I'm really excited for this game to come to North America. Razz
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Definite buy for me!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1