• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommend me some anime/manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Hi there..

I used to like manga back in its day. And after some new stuff "in english". So if you can recommend me some stuff id be grateful.

My favourites are..

Urotsukidoji (great story and want more more more).
Devil Man. didn't see it all just some, but thought was mint.
3x3 eyes. One of my very big favs as great story and voice acting.
Guyver, well when it was out it was all the rage but i still like it today.

So im looking for anime thats like the above. Some short series (no more than 15 episodes in total for story) or films in english please.

Cheers.

Main points it must have.

1. Epic story.
2. Good vs evil is always fun especially dooms day stuff like in Urotsukidoji.
3. I like good sci fi. So some space ones be mint.

Again cheers if u can help.

--

Btw i started watching crest of the stars. Its in english and its good 1st episode and story so far.

--

Reason i ask whats in english is because i dont like reading subs even tho of the disadvantages when using original stuff. Also theres SO many anime about its hard to know what to watch. And hopefully with my likes shown above maybe you can all recommend me some good stuff.

I would love to watch somit like urotsukidoji tho like in a film version or short series and with such a cool story about the end of the world etc and with demons and gods and stuff.
undeadben

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Hello, welcome to the forums.

Here's a link that will help you find anime to watch:

Looking for a new anime to watch? Click here to know how.

Here's a link that will tell you:

NO recommendation threads allowed right now!

Both are stickied topics at the top of this forum and not hard to find at all. And the second one also tells you the guidelines for a proper recommendations thread, should they allow them again sometime.

Good luck with the anime hunt.
madscientist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Well this thread is gonna get closed quick I think. But in a quick recommendation, I would say The Legend of the Galactic Heroes, although it sounds like it is a bit long for your tastes and there is no english dub. But its an epic sci-fi space opera. I think Crest of the Stars is a good choice for you though. Plus Banner of the Stars I & II to keep you going once you finish it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1