• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
just a few questions about rules here

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
papa john

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
YES I CHECKED THE RULES

and in case of a lock happy mod Laughing (dont know if their are any here) this has been copyed word for word from "teh rules".

Cool "Teh Rules are a work in progress. Discussion, disagreement, criticism, comments and suggestions are all permitted" Cool

now that thats out of the way.

specificly..

are unlicenced fansubs allowed here?
as in it JUST came out in japan most likely wont be in america for another year or 2 atleast.

also if its been out for a few years in japan (atleast 5). and its not vary popular chances are it will NEVER make it too america, are these fansubs allowed to be talked about or shared since their is no copyright infringment?

Rolling Eyes I didn't notice any hentai specifically and was wondering if you can talk about it in the forums, if so can you describe (talk about) it in the forums? seeing as hentai IS listed in the Encyclopedia.

and I've read that links or whatnot to mp3's arnt permitted, but legal downloads are.. what exactly is a legal download?
what if a song cant be found for download anywhere and doesnt exist anywhere but the anime? and doesnt have a name listed in the anime nor the artist that sang it? would it be alright to list a link to the song?

also why arnt lists permitted? that one i just cant figure out Anime hyper Rolling Eyes Anime dazed
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
papa john wrote:
as in it JUST came out in japan most likely wont be in america for another year or 2 atleast.

also if its been out for a few years in japan (atleast 5). and its not vary popular chances are it will NEVER make it too america, are these fansubs allowed to be talked about or shared since their is no copyright infringment?

You may discuss fansubbed series, but you cannot link them. Unauthorized downloads can lead to all sorts of legal trouble, and since ANN is such a high profile site, it would be better to exclude these troubles completely by not allowing links. Read this thread for more info.

papa john wrote:
Rolling Eyes I didn't notice any hentai specifically and was wondering if you can talk about it in the forums, if so can you describe (talk about) it in the forums? seeing as hentai IS listed in the Encyclopedia.

Yes. But keep in mind that people of all ages browse the site, so try to make the discussion without any dirty words and such, or at least use substitutes.

papa john wrote:
and I've read that links or whatnot to mp3's arnt permitted, but legal downloads are.. what exactly is a legal download?
what if a song can't be found for download anywhere and doesnt exist anywhere but the anime? and doesnt have a name listed in the anime nor the artist that sang it? would it be alright to list a link to the song?

No, absolutely not. Read that link I posted up at the top.

papa john wrote:
also why arnt lists permitted? that one i just can't figure out Anime hyper Rolling Eyes Anime dazed

Because they're mindless. ANN forums like to promote intelligent conversation or discussion. Simply putting a bunch of names down doesn't tell anyone squat. I don't expect huge paragraphs, but if you're making suggestions, at least put down a minimum of 3 sentences to tell everyone how you personally feel about whatever it is you mention.

All lists found by me will be deleted, no questions asked. Threads with multiple lists well be locked and the users who posted them will be held responsible for it, so don't screw up other peoples' threads.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
papa john wrote:

You may discuss fansubbed series, but you cannot link them. Unauthorized downloads can lead to all sorts of legal trouble, and since ANN is such a high profile site, it would be better to exclude these troubles completely by not allowing links. Read this thread for more info.

The rule of thumb I run by on this and other forums is to discuss the serires, not how or where you got it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1