• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
End of Evangelion... (warning spoilers!)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Well... I just finished watching Death & Rebirth and End of Eva. Hmmm, i'm slightly confused, what did everyone reckon of the ending? I thought it was semi-conclusive, although I would have liked to see Shinjii actually getting on with his life... And what's with the live-action bit in the middle?

Well I was astounded and amazed, but left a wee bit confused.
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Also what exactly is the sea of LCL? and why did Shinjii try to choke Asuka right at the end? is it because she wasn't going to help him? My prediction was that he was going to kill her because she wouldn't help him, but he stopped choking her when she touched his face. Aaaah dammit i'm confused, i'll have to sit through it again.
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:08 am Reply with quote
From my fairly limited and perhaps completely wrong interpretation created from the almalgamation of many other peoples interpretations; the sea of LCL is humanity reduced to that form, and at the end asuka is actually rei's personality in asuka's body (or at least asuka has rei's eyes).. I am not sure why he chokes her; I'd wager the guess that he does because he's a total loser and doesn't deserve such a well animated movie.
Ogami Itto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:19 pm Reply with quote
The more I think about it the more it makes sense.. The series changed me and the film completely blew me away. I reckon the LCL is like the collective souls of every human on the planet sort of like the divine light, and like the last two episodes of the series, it is Shinjii's choice to bring back whoever he wants to and create his new world. Asuka's fight absolutely rocked.

A rather good film (understatement).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1