• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime: Opinion's please on my collection =D

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syndicate

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote
Tenchi In Tokyo
Tenchi Ryo oki
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi Movie 1 2 & 3
Hellsing
Gungrave
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Outlaw star
Rurouni Kenshin
Peacemaker
Get Backers
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop (Movie)
Samurai X Directors Cut
Samurai X Trust and Betrayal
Samurai X Reflections

----------------------------------------
I have collected most this anime in the past 6 months.
I seek for the best storylines and the greatest art i can find. Right now out of the set i am watching Tenchi in Tokyo then i have seen all these. Next i am looking to get gantz and samurai 7. I dont know what it is but guns and sword i gotta love'm.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Suggestion: Since listing is not alowed I would have put all of these under my anime, and then linked to it. Directions Here. Its down a bit on that page. That way you get to rate them too, and people can see which ones you liked best.

As to your collection its off to a good star. Some good titles there. Samurai 7 Is also one I am looking at, since it looks like I will never see it on TV. Lots of people like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Why not take a picture of it and post in in this thread? Although, if your collection has bootlegs in it, don't bother. Hmm, I'll be a bit more critical about your collection Evil or Very Mad It's good, well-known stuff, and I have or have seen everything aside from Gungrave, Getbackers, and the Tenchi stuff. However, it's my opinion that every quality collection needs balance. I can tell you like guns/swords/action, but try out some comedy, drama, and/or romance. Some cute/kiddy/girly anime won't kill you either Anime smile

But, if you're looking to expand with more of the same, try Elfen Lied (lots of blood/violence, well-drawn, pretty good story) and My-Hime (it looks like a school story, but there are swords/other crazy weapons, magic, fighting, and several big plot twists to keep things interesting).
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 you should check out Gungrave some time. It will surprise you. I know it was game(and anime made from games usually suck), but it does tell a touching story. Rent it if you can, but my advice, disregard the first episode, it is absolutely the worst in the whole series. But it just gets better and better after that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dragon King

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I think gantz will be agood choice to look in since i seen the series i can tell you it is worth checking out.

Also samurai7 is good but i have only seen the first volume. Laughing [/quote]
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen all of those titles, but that collection looks pretty good.
Marwin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Seems good. You should definetly check out Elfen Lied. It's certainly my favourite.
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
However, it's my opinion that every quality collection needs balance.

What does mine need for this balance?

animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/collection.php?categ=5&user=Mid-Boss
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

It's also not nice to brag about your "collection." If you're that proud of it, find a better way to catch our attention next time. It feels like you're trying to rub it in everyone's face.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1