• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thoughts on Nana

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oberstien

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:28 am Reply with quote
Like many people I have a tendancy to wander from series to series looking for something new. The one I most recently stumbled upon was Nana. I have not read the manga although I hear only good things about it. But after watching the first few episodes I was really really impressed. I rarely see a young adult drama that is taken seriously and has very mature untertones. Nan has both. The way in which the principal characters live their lives and react to their friends is remarkably real. It is very different from every pervious drama I have seen. I wish I could express myself better but I can't without giving spoilers. To anyone who is interested, I think this is a great series, but for those who have seen this series what do you think of it?
Azathrael

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote
I actually saw the movie version and I have to say that the movie did such a fantastic job portraying their lives that I do not intend to see the anime (at least anytime soon). It's the kind of story that's just more touching in live action. If you enjoy the story, check out the live action. Mika Nakashima's on it. ^^
shun_colby

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:35 am Reply with quote
the first i ever heard of nana was in a mag called Shojo Beat. the firs reaction i had to this manga was that it was absolutly great and that i could not weight to see the anime . but once i saw the anime i thought that it could not stand up to the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1