• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Romantic Anime Series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milixox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Heya, I was wondering if anyone could give me good suggestions for romantic anime series. I've already seen Chobits and Kare Kano. Series like those would be good Wink Anyone have any suggestions?
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Love Hina, Negima!, [Ah, My Goddess], GANTZ (to an extent!!!), Fruits Basket, Here is Greenwood (?)...virtually all Shoujo oriented anime/manga features romance as a driving theme.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh my my my. You'll have to get Fushigi Yugi. You've got romance, action, tragic circumstances and all sorts of fun stuff. Very enjoyable.

Two others would be Ceres which is by the same creator as FY (Watase Yu) and Marmalade Boy. Wonderful stories. Ceres and Fushigi Yugi do have spoiler[rape, potential incest, murder of family or by family in it] MB has comedy, love quadangles and is very fun.

Have fun picking and watching your newest. Enjoy!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
I'm a definite Watase Yuu fan (of Ceres, FY, and a few manga series that haven't been animated), thanks to the gorgeous art and (melo)dramatic stories with a blend of romance & fantasy.
Marmalade Boy, I liked as well, though I think "love quadrangles" isn't a strong enough term...I think "love octagons" or maybe "love regular n-gons" would be more appropriate. MB is relatively oldschool shoujo romance, with enough fun and cuteness to balance out the angst. Still, I have to question a little bit spoiler[how these teenagers seem to be made of money, when Miki takes a second trip to America to see Yuu in episode 74 Rolling Eyes]

I'd recommend looking at this recent thread and this list. The thread is a recent thread similar to this one with lots of good suggestions, and the list is one I've compiled of romantic anime that I know of. Of course, we can't list on the forums, but if that's what you want, that's one place you can go.
Luminesse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Vison of Escaflowne--not only is it super romantic, the story, art and voice actors are all excellent. This show is a definite classic Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1