• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
slice of life and romance

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know any romance with slice of life animes cos i just love them! im kinda got out of dragonball zz and pokemon and dem lot...
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Honey & Clover is something you should check out. That series has the exact mix of romance and slice of life style that I think you may want.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
What about that new show FUNimation licesnsed? "Rumbling Hearts" I think.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Dude, you've been here long enough to know listing is pointless. Put in some details next time. -TK]
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
MasterFuu wrote:
It might sound old but Onegai Teacher is fun, romantic and slice of life.

No, Onegai Teacher is not old. It's in fact still one of the best and most popular romance titles out there.

Onegai Teacher: great drama and characters you can really attach to and empathize with. Perfect ending, tearjerking precaution.

Victorian Romance Emma: old England setting, a story about discrimination of social class, touching drama also.

Ai Yori Aoshi: a mix of comedy and romance played out nicely. A true relationship, where the couple are devoted to each other.

Rumbling Hearts: popular romance series based on the video game. A love triangle, with lots of sad moments.

Rurouni Kenshin (OVA): another masterpiece, where focuses more on the drama side as opposed to the many adventures covered in the TV series. Rurouni Kenshin Reflection is the climax of the saga... moving.

Mahoromatic: good combination of comedy, sci-fi and romance. The story gives it a depressing feel and succeeds in giving a fun and also emotional feel.

The descriptions above may be too brief, but I'm just giving a small gist of what to expect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
If your looking for romance my friend then there is nothing better than Escaflowne. Its phantasy but with such a great story like, and the love triangle is just fantastic.

if love triangles are you think also check out macross + which has one of the finest love stories i think i've ever seen in anime.

thanks

space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bebexsweetnezz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Well Fruits Basket fits pretty well in this category, especially under Slice of Life. There's some stuff said that are just so deep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1