• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Guilty Gear anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote
Would anybody like to see an anime of this series? I think it would be really cool to chroniclelize the events of the game from the characters' perspectives. Find out more about Sol-Badguy's past, and the triangle of Millia, Eddy and Venom. and also maybe show the events that happened during the war. They already have some "anime" type sequences in the game, and they also have drama CD's out too, but an anime would be even better.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see a Guilty Gear anime as well. But it would have to be done right. None of this "all your favorite characters from the smash hit video game unite to battle the ultimate evil!" The problem with Guilty Gear...is that it's much more difficult to center it around one character. It couldn't be all about Sol or all about Ky. Heck, the story of the Assassin's Guild could be a story within itself. If we're ever gonna see a Guilty Gear anime, chances are it would be an OVA to promo an upcoming game a la King Of Fighters. I'd be perfectly cool with this if they didn't make the same mistake of making each episode only 10 minutes of accomplishing nothing. I'm pretty sure I posted about this way back when, but a Guilty Gear series would have to be broken up so that different events are focused on during certain episodes/arcs. Occasionally the stories could cross at one point or another. It would be quite the undertaking to be done right. Unfortunatley I think Guilty Gear only has a cult status and therefore won't be recieving an animated treatment. Then again, even Battle Arena Toshenden got a movie.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Well I seen two recent fighting game anime: SF Alpha Genration and King of Fighter Another day. They were a lot better than what I expected and I think Guilty Gear does have a large enough cult folllowing. There are numorous guilty gear artbook out in japan.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see one of the Best 2d fighting games, in my opinion, to be made into an anime movie, or even a series. i am curious about this after all. in the release of GGXX, under the gallery, movies, there is an extra movie in addition to the opening movie. My brother and I have been wondering about this for a long time. it seemed to by an anime, or maybe just a promotion for GGX.
AceRyonik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
^That confuses a lot of people, but the Guilty Gear anime cutscene was just the Japanese commercial for Guilty Gear X. Don't you just love commercials with NO gameplay footage at all?
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, a Guilty Gear one would would be nice but I'll say it again; next games that deserves a series because of JA cutscene content is Xenogears. Criminal how there isn't one out yet with those cutscenes and that music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1