• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Digimon and Zoids Series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonDragonJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quote
Digimon and Zoids are two anime franchises that have lost popularity in this country (The United States) recently, but a new season for each series has recently been created.

The new Zoids series, Zoids Genesis, premiered a some time ago, and I have been watching it in the form of fansubs. I feel that this series is worlds better than the previous three seasons of Zoids (Zoids Chaotic Century, Zoids Zero, and Zoids Fuzors), with its deeply involved plot and characterization, and intense, realistic battle scenes.

The new Digimon series, Digimon Savers, has not yet premiered, so I cannot formulate any unbiased opinions on it, but I am sincerely hoping that it is as good as the first season of Digimon was, because, in my opinion, the first season was the best, and each season after the that was progressively worse than the one before it.

So, what does everyone else have to say about these two new series?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
I don't know anything about Zoids, but I am somewhat interested in the Digimon series, since I loved the first two seasons. I don't have really high expectations for this one, but it does look interesting enough to check out, if only because the characters in general this time round are a fair bit older than they have been in the previous shows.

For me to really like it, they probably need to go back to similar ideas to the ones from the Adventure seasons, because I really liked them a lot. We'll see.
ace1988_3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
Me I liked digimon I dont know why but it sort of drug me in and couldent get out, I would watch it every Saterday and dering the week, I couldent get awauy from it it took me in and held on tight, even though it was sort of childish I still loved, well it looks like Im just ranting on some of the stuff I just typed dosent make any sence at all I am very sorry to have wasted your time and to the Mods please forgive me of my caring on.

(sorry I realy S@@K at spelling I am trying to get beter at it Smile )
Dranxis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm a Zoid fan who's also been watching Zoids Genesis, and it's fortunately MUCH better than the previous series, Zoids Fuzors. While I'm still not sure if it's quite up to par with the original series, from what I've seen of it (first 15 eps) I can say that it's starting to become very impressive. I particularly loved the recent struggle against Digard for a captured village, and Ruuji's frustration that saving those who are oppressed is not always the right decision: the world is more complicated than a hero's tale. That alone puts it leagues above a typical shonen adventure, I believe.
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, I used to be a Zoids fan but I only saw like 5 episodes and I don't know from which Zoids it was, but I definitely wanna get back into it so I'm excited to hear there's a new one out.
barfing_bunnies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
DemonDragonJ wrote:
Digimon and Zoids are two anime franchises that have lost popularity in this country (The United States) recently, but a new season for each series has recently been created.

The new Zoids series, Zoids Genesis, premiered a some time ago, and I have been watching it in the form of fansubs. I feel that this series is worlds better than the previous three seasons of Zoids (Zoids Chaotic Century, Zoids Zero, and Zoids Fuzors), with its deeply involved plot and characterization, and intense, realistic battle scenes.

The new Digimon series, Digimon Savers, has not yet premiered, so I cannot formulate any unbiased opinions on it, but I am sincerely hoping that it is as good as the first season of Digimon was, because, in my opinion, the first season was the best, and each season after the that was progressively worse than the one before it.

So, what does everyone else have to say about these two new series?

Is it ever going to be dubbed? I never met another Zoid fan besides my three friends and I! Razz Let me know what site you're using please.
BlackWarGreymon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
The new digimon series is gonna be cool, bringing agumon back is a smart move plus making the tamers 14 14 and 18 years old was good, this is to keep with the old digimon fans that have got a little older and to try and attract new digimon fans, and rumors are going about that this isnt going to be the last digimon season which can only be a good thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1