• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
is funi getting rid of Kodocha

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
on animeondvd.com they said vol 7 of kodacha was the last vol but i thought there was more then 100 eps of it is funi giving it up or something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
More than likely, volume 7 is as far as FUNimation has projected thus far. Companies don't come up with comprehensive release dates for every single volume of a show from the very beginning, especially for long series like this one. They devise a rough release pattern and give specific release dates as far in the future as they feel confident giving. Once they get further along in Kodocha's release and get closer to volume 7, odds are they'll have a better idea of future volumes' definite, final release dates and will announce them at that time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jopchan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Considering that Right Stuf Int. has Vol 7 w/ an artbox for preordering,, it would be safe to assume that Kodocha will continue past Vol. 7.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:07 am Reply with quote
Boy I hope not, but at the same time, I severely doubt it. After all, the same question could be asked of Fullmetal Alchemist--DVD 9 is the last one with a release date, but does that mean they're not going to release episodes 37-51? Again, the dates just aren't scheduled yet. Even 13 episode, 4 disc releases don't have all their release dates set at the beginning.

(Sorry for the slight necropost, I was at a con over the weekend and didn't get the chance to reply when I saw this before.)

*well, if it's confirmed that it's 24 discs, that's good, since it means only 4 boxes and that some discs will have 5 episodes.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
on animeondvd.com they said vol 7 of kodacha was the last vol but i thought there was more then 100 eps of it is funi giving it up or something?

You must be seeing things. I see this:

Quote:

Kodocha Vol. #07 (also w/box) (of 24) (see here)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
a few weeks ago it said kodocha vol 7 of 7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, obviously they fixed it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1