• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Dressed Magical Girl

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
Okay, okay. So I'm on a theme here.

Who's your best dressed Magical Girl?

1) Sakura Kinomoto - Outfitted by her best friend Tomoyo who should receive awards for best costume design. I like the fact that each outfit always matched the situation. Okay, some of them were a little on the weird side, but they all worked with Sakura's personality.

2) Himeno of Pretear - Outfits designed to match each of the colors of her Knights. Tre chic! All of these went with each Knight's aspect. Ice for example was shades of white and blue with snowflakes and ice crystals. Wind came across as light and floaty.

3) Sailor Scouts - Have to go with that wonderful tried but true sailor suit. Simple clean lines are always in fashion! This to me is the classic Magical Girl outfit (not that I've have seen many MG shows, yet). It's simple and straightforeward, easy to get around in, and doesn't get in the way.

Special runner-up: Robin Sena - Witch Hunter Robin. Have seen anyone else pull off Goth quite so good. Except for the long skirt getting in the way, I still like this. It fits her and her personality.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pleroma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'd say Vita-chan from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's is very stylish. All the girls there get points for the cooles and deadliest Mahou Shoujo accesories.

Question, do Otomes or Rozen Maidens count? I mean they ARE magical and they ARE girls....
tjalorak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:13 am Reply with quote
If they do, Shizuru - the Otome version - gets my vote. Anime smile But then, Shizuru makes almost anything look good. Razz
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote
The Sailor Senshi. It's not overdone like Wedding Peach or like from what I've seen of Pretty Cure. It's good because it looks like it's something you could fight in without getting tangled up in a ginormous dress. Anime dazed
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Sakura, naturally, as she gets more than one costume (my favourites were the cat and bat ones)
I'll also see your Himeno and raise you Ichika from Uta Kata, who gets a different costume each episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
angel_lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quote
For me, there could be no other choice but the abovementioned Ichika from Uta∽Kata. Her costumes are amazing, and not the stereotypical magical girl type. Each one was designed by a different artist, and a certain f*ns*b group has produced a good 'fashion show' video showing the original designs together with how they finally turned out in the anime.

I'd also have to give an honourable mention to the eponymous Puni Puni Poemy. The show is a biting satire on the whole magical girl genre, and her costume is no exception, right down to her wand.
Kuroki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
tjalorak wrote:
If they do, Shizuru - the Otome version - gets my vote. Anime smile But then, Shizuru makes almost anything look good. Razz

I wouldn't count Shizuru in her Robe. Stick her in her Kimono from HiME ^///^

Best dressed Magical girl?

I'm going to have to go old school and say Queen Serenity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1