• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Street Fighter 2 the movie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
i always liked this movie but what the differences between the unrated one and pg13 one and people say that unrated one has some footage taken out is this true or not? and does the dvd come with japanese voice overs and subtitles.?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Though it's most likely that it has dual audio and subtitle options, the difference between the unrated and the pg-13 versions is that you get to see a little more of the Chun-Li shower scene if you know what I mean. Other than that, there's not much else thats really different.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Here's a short list of what the PG-13 version is missing:

spoiler[1. In the opening scene where Ryu gives Sagat the Shoryuken, the scene where blood gushes out of Sagat's chest is deleted. Further camera shots of Sagat are panned to his face.
2. In the scene where the director talks about Fei Long, the line "He's an @$$hole" is replaced with "He's a troublemaker."
3. In the scene where Bison talks to the scientist about Ryu, the line "I don't give a shit" is replaced with "I don't give a damn."
4. In the scene where Shadowlaw goons gun down the assassin in India, you don't see the assassin get capped.
5. In the scene where Bison's airship hovers over Ken's Porsche, the line "You dickhead!" is replaced with "Are you crazy?".
6. In the scene where Guile rushes to the hospital and causes an accident on the freeway, the line "You @$$hole!" is replaced with "Crazy idiot!"]

BTW, both PG-13 and Unrated versions have the shower scene edited, not to mention that neither version has audio or subtitle options (though the VHS version has closed captions).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
which veriosn is in street fighter anniversary collection and pg13 or unrated
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
PG-13.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Are you sure? I thought the PG-13 version was available on VHS only.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Nope, the uncut version, which at one point I had, was also on VHS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:

BTW, both PG-13 and Unrated versions have the shower scene edited, not to mention that neither version has audio or subtitle options (though the VHS version has closed captions).
also isnt the music in the US release changed to US bands?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Yes, yes it was. Something about tie in soundtrack and before J-Pop was hip with the anime fan. Or something like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

The excellent soundtrack by Tetsuya Komuro (one of Japan's most famous music producers) was replaced with horrible music by the people who did Baywatch, not to mention alternative music by Silverchair, KMFDM and Korn.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
For a long while, I never thought this movie was anime. I saw it sometime and my dad bought it for me like 10 years ago. I just thought it was an awesome cartoon(though I had seen like DBZ and Ronin Warriors by that point). I kind of want to see the japanese one now, to hear the music and see how the movie plays out. I liked the american music fine though. Found my favorite Alice in Chains song from this.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
I almost forgot to mention this:

- Akuma does not appear on the VHS version (which is in fullscreen). If you own the DVD version (which is in widescreen), you'll see him on the far left of the screen in one of the town shots in India.
Shi-ne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote
"- Akuma does not appear on the VHS version (which is in fullscreen). If you own the DVD version (which is in widescreen), you'll see him on the far left of the screen in one of the town shots in India."

I watched the pg-13 version on street fighter collections for my X-Box and I think I saw him.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Shi-ne wrote:
I watched the pg-13 version on street fighter collections for my X-Box and I think I saw him.

Well, that's because you have the widescreen DVD version. Next time, read all previous posts carefully before replying, so the other person doesn't have to repeat himself.
Shi-ne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:13 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Shi-ne wrote:

Well, that's because you have the widescreen DVD version. Next time, read all previous posts carefully before replying, so the other person doesn't have to repeat himself.

But this one is fullscreen and I still see him. I'm not trying to call you a liar, I'm just telling you what I saw. I have the VHS version too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1