• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits anime (possible spoilers)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
To anyone who's seen this series, I have one quick, probably already answerd question; Does Chii go and die at the end? If she does, I'm just going to stop watching right now. The last thing I want to see is one of my favorite female leads go and die Anime hyper
Fui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
How can you not finish a series with your "one of you favorite female leads" in it? Whether you see it or not, it's not going to change the ending. Unless you can't stand watching sad endings or something.

Anyway, spoiler[I'm not aware of her dying or anything in the end. I think Hideki chooses to be with her or something. Hmm I saw this several years ago so it's a little fuzzy. Besides, for the most part I don't think persocons can die since they aren't humans to begin with, even if they are chobits. The series starts off with her being "dead."]

I've been wondering exactly what the chobits are myself...I know they're special and all but not sure in exactly what way. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.
Lapsus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Fui is right, spoiler[Chii doesnt die (not that she can anyway), but stays with Hideki. Althought, last episode involves them almost being separated for ever.]

Why would You think that anybody would die in a series like Chobits in the first place? Rolling Eyes
Zutto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
It's a great series. I enjoyed watching it a lot. spoiler[Ending is very sweet. Hope you enjoy it! Razz ]
DarkWarLord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I've been wondering exactly what the chobits are myself...I know they're special and all but not sure in exactly what way. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

spoiler[There is nothing special about the Chobits. It's just what Chi's "Father" called Freya and her because it was part of the "Mother's" name or something like that.]

Oh and just so you know Lapsus, someone does die in Chobits,
spoiler[ the store owner's persocom (he tells Hideki the story about it around the middle I think).][/quote]
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
DarkWarLord wrote:
Quote:

spoiler[There is nothing special about the Chobits. It's just what Chi's "Father" called Freya and her because it was part of the "Mother's" name or something like that.]

Oh and just so you know Lapsus, someone does die in Chobits,
spoiler[ the store owner's persocom (he tells Hideki the story about it around the middle I think).]

The story is essentially spoiler[The store owner's Persocom was beginning to break down and was unable to remember things from a few minutes ago. It got so bad that she couldn't remember anything from 1 second previously. This was because her hard drive had failed, and he didn't want to get her a new one, so he just let her be because he felt that it would make her a different person. One day he was walking with her in the rain, and he was so distracted with her malfunctioning that he walked out into the middle of a street and into the path of an oncoming truck. Without any warning, she pushed him away and she just stood there, and got hit by the truck. When she got hit she then shut down slowly while continuously asking her startup phrase. He still believes that she still loved him and remembered and saved his life.]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Lapsus wrote:
Fui is right, spoiler[Chii doesnt die (not that she can anyway), but stays with Hideki. Althought, last episode involves them almost being separated for ever.]

Why would You think that anybody would die in a series like Chobits in the first place? Rolling Eyes

because, of all anime characters, Nyuu-Chan was my favorite *see name* and what did they do in the end of elfen lied? seperate her from all of her friends and family and kill her. I was so freaking mad. If they did that again i would go on a killing spree in japan. hypothetically speaking of course....
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
Lapsus wrote:

because, of all anime characters, Nyuu-Chan was my favorite *see name* and what did they do in the end of elfen lied? seperate her from all of her friends and family and kill her. I was so freaking mad. If they did that again i would go on a killing spree in japan. hypothetically speaking of course....

Well, that just proves that they did a great job on the show if it really brought out that much emotion in you.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Elfen Lied was kind of a "everybody dies" bloodfest, so it wasn't that surprising that the lead female character dies in the end, granted the very first scene had blood and gore everywhere. Chobits, on the other hand, is a cute little anime about a poor college student and his persocom girl. The main character dying just seems a little bit out of place...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
Lapsus wrote:

spoiler[Lucy never died, but it's never specifically confirmed she lived either. However, if you look at the sillouette of the person at the gate and remember how much she used to be facinated with that clock which never worked right and suddenly chimes at that very moment...well I think you can take that as positive symbolism she's alive and that's her.]
Fui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
Lapsus wrote:

Oh~? They killed her? It almost seems like you want her dead, if that's how you interpreted it.

PantsGoblin wrote:
Well, that just proves that they did a great job on the show if it really brought out that much emotion in you.

That's what I was thinking. Characters die or suffer in a lot of stories. It's not always rainbows and flowers in life, and it's good that anime tries to be somewhat realistic at times, even though I personally don't like seeing sad endings either. Main characters die pretty often in animes, and it's probably not suited for you if you expect a happy ending every time. Elfen Lied was one of the less sad endings IMO...I actually thought they wrapped it up pretty well. Just don't watch Chrono Crusade...

*note: I posted this before Kruzer responded so there's a bit of repetition between our posts.

Last edited by Fui on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
angel_lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:

At the risk of getting seriously OT here, who said she died?
Azathrael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
Lapsus wrote:

... No. And why?

No - spoiler[Nyu doesn't die at the end. You think she did. The reason why Elfen Lied has the best ending is because you don't know what happened to her in the end.] The very last scene was intended for that purpose and it's what makes the ending so ambiguous. There's no "yes she did" or "no she didn't", there's only "she could've or she could've not".

Why - why the hell would you ask for the ending if you didn't finish the series? Do you always ask for how the anime ends while you watch? Doesn't that remove the entire purpose of a great ending?

There's only one thing that gets to me while talking to other people about anime. And that one thing is spoilers. I've seen a lot of idiots spoil things by accident or on purpose all the time, but this must be the first case where an idiot wants to be spoiled instead, especially about the ending.

Last edited by Azathrael on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Fui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
*edited since azathrael edited his spoilers Very Happy

Last edited by Fui on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
im not asking for the end...i will just kill everything i see if she freaking goes and does a 360 "dead/not dead" like Nyuu did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2