• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Recomendations?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Satanachia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
I'm having trouble finding Anime Titles that suit the genre i like.
Anyone know any good titles from the Horror genre or Mecha or anything really graphicly violent. please let me know so i can look into them.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
The first anime that comes to mind that's in the horror genre is Elfen Lied. It's absolutely one of the best anime I've ever seen and is not just all about the bloody violence and nudity. It all fits together pretty perfectly in my opinion and mostly serves a legitimate purpose rather than just for the sake of gore and nudity as fan-service. I really sympathized with most of the characters in the show and by the time I got to the end I was almost in tears Crying or Very sad. It's currently in 30th place (at the time of this post) of the top 50 anime on this site and I personally recommend this anime very highly.

You might also like Gantz but I haven't seen that show yet to know if it's any good. Both shows have extremely bloody violence but that's about all these 2 anime share in similarities.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1