• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you think of Project .Hack//

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Is it only me or are there otehrs that love Project .Hack// not only teh anime's: hack//SIGN hack//LIMINALITY and hack//DUSK but the games!.. I have baught teh first game .Hack//Infection it was really good! but not very long only took me 19 hours of game play to beat Anime hyper... so please I would liek to hear some otehr peoples opinions on Project .Hack//SIGN, LIMINALITY, and DUSK =Doooooh and i herd theres going to be a 5th game comeing out in summer of 2006 named GU! not nessessarily part of infection,mutation,outbreak,and the otehr one!
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Tolarian wrote:
Is it only me or are there otehrs that love Project .Hack// not only teh anime's: hack//SIGN hack//LIMINALITY and hack//DUSK but the games!.. I have baught teh first game .Hack//Infection it was really good! but not very long only took me 19 hours of game play to beat Anime hyper... so please I would liek to hear some otehr peoples opinions on Project .Hack// =Doooooh and i herd theres going to be a 5th game comeing out in summer of 2006 named GU! not nessessarily part of infection,mutation,outbreak,and the otehr one!

I didn't like the .Hack//sign series to much, although I'm thinking of giving it another shot, however the game is one of my fav. games for the ps2, when I first played it I got hooked and didn't stop playing it untill i beat it (took me a good 20 hours too) and where did you hear about this new game i want to see if they have the trailer my friend told me about.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Just so you know, ANN frowns on your kind of atrocious grammar. "Teh" is not a word. Please keep this in mind for future posts.

As for what I think of the .hack franchise, I was only briefly into it. I blindly bought INFECTION a few years back and watched the first episode of LIMINALITY, but once I saw how boring and difficult the game was, and how boring the anime was, I got out of it. I tried watching SIGN when it premiered on CN, but couldn't get into it. To this day, I have discontinued playing RPGs (and most video games in general, since my main focus is on anime).
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

As for what I think of the .hack franchise, I was only briefly into it. I blindly bought INFECTION a few years back and watched the first episode of LIMINALITY, but once I saw how boring and difficult the game was, and how boring the anime was, I got out of it. I tried watching SIGN when it premiered on CN, but couldn't get into it. To this day, I have discontinued playing RPGs (and most video games in general, since my main focus is on anime).

I agree, it was a bit challenging, but i like challenging video games because they arn't the kind that you put in the tray, and take it out 30 mins later because you accomplished what you wanted too.
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Game Faqs has a a little info on it ... i haven't read through it all lately I've been being very lazy

oh and heres teh link to teh info... i dont think GU is evan releaced in Japan yet! so... maby itll turn our liek Starcraft Ghost and delay it 3 years

>>http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928400&topic=24407308

and for a trailor if you do see one please tell me ill look too =D

ooh and i think i found 2 pics tho tehy dont seem very useful...

>> http://www.dothack.com/flash.html

... oh and if you want my view of .Hack... i am on a different websight aswell and i started a topic on there too! http://www.uncutwave.tk not a bad webbie its fun =D
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Tolarian wrote:
Game Faqs has a a little info on it ... i haven't read through it all lately I've been being very lazy

oh and heres teh link to teh info... i don't think GU is evan releaced in Japan yet! so... maby itll turn our liek Starcraft Ghost and delay it 3 years

>>http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928400&topic=24407308

and for a trailor if you do see one please tell me ill look too =D

ooh and i think i found 2 pics tho tehy don't seem very useful...

>> http://www.dothack.com/flash.html

... oh and if you want my view of .Hack... i am on a different websight aswell and i started a topic on there too! http://www.uncutwave.tk not a bad webbie its fun =D

I will look into it, I'm excited to see this so called "Evil Kite" my friend was going on about, he says that: In the new game there will eb an Evil Kite who kicks the normal Kite's ass. So i'll do some looking (although i probly wont be able to see the trailer because of my stupid virus).
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I will look into it, I'm excited to see this so called "Evil Kite" my friend was going on about, he says that: In the new game there will eb an Evil Kite who kicks the normal Kite's ass. So i'll do some looking (although i probly wont be able to see the trailer because of my stupid virus

"Because of my stupid virus." =O*TERRIBLE BANCHEE SCREAM FROM HELL*... Viruses are pointless and annoying I use AVG and Spybot and Zone Alarm =D a good trio for keeping your comp clean....

And @Starwind Amada
Quote:
Just so you know, ANN frowns on your kind of atrocious grammar. "Teh" is not a word. Please keep this in mind for future posts.

... With me as long as I can get the message across without much confusion I am happy =D
This is common with me I dont like to review over my poast before poasting it... and I've never been good with language especally with grammar... and I know Teh is not a word it is a common typo by many many different people(I know quite a few.)... and I have picked it up as a bad habbit also liek another common one with me... sorry if I sound bold or that I am trying to be a pric I am just a little sensative about people picking on me =( I am not implying you where picking on me I just felt a little that you where.

Last edited by Tolarian on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
it's not an evil kite it's a data fragment of kite and there are going to be 3 gu games and the original kite dosent make an apperence or does blackrose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tolarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I also herd there where books in Project .Hack.... Ummm any one know of them... I woud like to read them... I am becomeing very fond of Project .Hack//.

Last edited by Tolarian on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:23 am Reply with quote
Tolarian wrote:
... with me as long as i can get teh message across without much confusion i am happy =D
This is common with me i don't like to review over my poast before poasting it... and I've never been good with language especally with grammar... and i know Teh is not a word it is a common typo by many many different people(i knnow quite a few)... and i have picked it up as a bad habbit also liek another common one with me... sorry if i sound bold or that i am trying to be a pric i am just a little sensative about people picking on me =( i am not implying you where picking on me i just felt a little that you where

The only part I understood was where you said you weren't implying I was picking on you but you "sort of" felt that I was (meaning that you ARE implying it). Let me assure you that I was NOT trying to pick on you; I was just letting you know that bad grammar is frowned upon here. You should try using the Spell Check feature in Word or whatever word processing program you have.
Tolarian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
Fine I will take my time typeing insted of shuffeling 10 programs, I will on these forms put effort into my typeing.
Hmmmmm... In fact I am going to go through ALL of my poasts and correct them... Enjoy.
...And no I dont use a word processor on this computer all I have is notepad and its just SAD. Anime hyper And no I am not going to invest in one unless you want to give me one.

Anyways I agree the Hack//SIGN OST discs 1&2 + the extras disc are well done.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

And I guess we're supposed to take their grammar nazism seriously when they themselves call their rules page "Teh Rules".
Twisted Evil

Speaking of seriously, I loved .hack// SIGN and the .hack// games. Hell, I have the LE boxset for SIGN and almost have finished the games. I didn't care for .hack//DUSK, too muck of a step down storywise in the series.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:39 am Reply with quote
Acutally that dark Kite is called tri-edge, simply because of that special tri-edge blades that he/it uses. Secondly I would say that I am very much into the world of .Hack. Granted I thought that the anime was so slow and boring at first, but upon further review and watching the series again I found that I enjoy it so much since I knew that the series wasn't depended on action.
Now comes the games which should of been only two games at most because each game feature the same dungeons over and over.
As for Legend of the twillight well I have all 3 dvds on my shelf, waiting to be play, but I want to complete the last game before going to LOTT. Since then I read my first anime/manga novel in .Hack A.I. Buster, which was so extremely satifying. But now looking towards the future of this series I can't wait for G.U. and what the anime that is suppose to come with it.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Dilandau

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
Tolarian wrote:
I also herd there where books in Project .Hack.... Ummm any one know of them... I woud like to read them... I am becomeing very fond of Project .Hack//.

There are 2 series of short novels (like the Slayers books). The first is .hack//AI buster which is being released by Tokyopop
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=HAC&categorycode=BNV
I have book 1, but I have not yet read it. These 2 books come
before .hack//sign (in other words, it is the very beginning of the .hack story.

The second series is called .hack//ZERO. It hasn't been licensed in the US, and last time I checked only the first book had been released in Japan.
SlyphGlitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
To really understand .hack you kind have to read/watch/play whatever .hack materal you can get your hands on. While the .hack games are the core of the series, the other spin-offs provide the info the games lack.

Such as...

How does Balmund get his wings? Read .hack//AI Buster

For final endboss on the first .hack disk, the player is lead to believe something about the this enemy. People who have finished //Sign will know the truth about "it".

On the "World" message boards in the game, people start writing about real world events that the "bad" guys in the game are creating. Liminality tells the story of the people stuck in those events.

About .hack//GU, in the trailer Kite uses Data Drain on the main character. To someone who has never played the game, it looks like a cool special attack, however, to people who have finished the games its return has far more sinister implecations...

My only concern about .hack is Bandai is going to beat the story till its a dead corpse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3