• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
is viz going to release zatch bell uncut

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
they said that if the first dvd sell's well they would release uncut and i think the first dvd sold well so any news on uncut?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quote
How many times have you asked this question?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
if there was something cut out of this terrible show that's an massive improvement, please by all means tell me.
Fazz89x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 am Reply with quote
From what I've seen of the Japanese version it's a pretty fun show. I could never bring myself to watching "Zatch Bell" though.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Uncut? What the hell did they cut that makes the show suck like it does. I didn't just say that to bash or anything I'm serious. Throwing back a few cuss words here and there is NOT going to make the show suck any less than it does. Really man, what is so good about a show that just rips off Pokémon. Its a kids show that really belongs on FOX KIDS or something like that instead of Toonami. Maybe if they realse these so called "Uncut" DVD's they can finally take the show off of CN. spoiler[(And I won't say they should bring back Kenshin of Yuyu Hakusho or Outlaw Star yea I'm still on that sue me or anything but it wouldn't hurt.) ]
It's a bad show duke.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Anyone who has ever seen the first episode of Gash Bell in Japanese can attest that saying you want to see Zatch Bell "uncut" is an amusing "double entendre". Wink

Because you get to see "it". (Yessiree bob.) And Gash shows "it" way more than even kid Goku, and they actually emphasize it in a couple of shots, unlike with naked Goku, where it was just there without being a focus of attention.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
i dont know most people are saying viz edited gash bell a lot and took a whole lot out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
Throwing back a few cuss words here and there is NOT going to make the show suck any less than it does.

The fact that no swear words were ever removed kind of...renders your statement irrelevant. Japan kinda lacks a proper set of "words you can't say," and instead supplements it with just plain rude language of indefinite severity. It's more along the lines of painting over certain items and cutting brief scenes here and there that people are taking issue with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I think it's funny when people are berated for wanting uncut material of material that isn't cut all that much.

Yeah god forbid someone may just want to see how it was originally, or what the Japanese version is like.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Yashouzoid wrote:
I think it's funny when people are berated for wanting uncut material of material that isn't cut all that much.

Yeah god forbid someone may just want to see how it was originally, or what the Japanese version is like.
only edit i know of othet then gash into zatch is they changed parco fulgore's song from Grope to breasts to dance dance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1