• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
An Series ending.....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
When I see an ending to a series I realy like, I men I love it. I watch it avidly and when itI finaly see the ending to it I'm so disapointed that is is end I feel depressed, well almost LOL.

Have you ever had the feeling that your sad to see a show end?

Just like you don't want it to end. You wish it could go on for a while.

I have had this feeling this a few shows. One of which and probly the most vivid in my memory would be Cowboy Bebop, another would be Outlaw Star, hell about 50% of all the shows I watch I feel this way. I just get drawn into the show and when it ends I ifeel like I wana see more, or I wana see it again.

Am I the only person that has these feelings? Do you ever NOT want a show to end? Or, are you sad because of thending? Do you feel asthough you aren't fufilled with the ending given?

There are so many questions I can raise to this feeling, but I will let other bring coments and prehap more questions to this topic.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
If by the end of the show, you want to see more or you don't want to see it end, than the show has done a fantastic job and couldn't have done its job better.

If something is bad, you get the feeling, the quicker it is over the better.
kid_gloves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
I have this problem when watching a show i want to get to the end to know all the twists and how it all comes together for the characters... but after its over i wish i could go back and watch it again for the first time and i dont want it to end.

That happens to me alot.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote
There are some shows that I just can't wait for them to end, like Mouse or Rizelmine. They were just so bad I was like...okay let's hurry up and get to the ending already. This happens with some other shows as well, where it's so bad from start to finish I want nothing more than to see the ending. Then I can decide if the series was worth it or if I should stab myself in the eyes for watching such filth.

There a couple shows that I just never wanted to see an end to. One of them was Azumanga Daioh. The ending was sad in a happy way, but I couldn't beleive it was over...which was probably the same exact thing the characters were feeling since it was spoiler[ it was their graduation.]. That was a show I just wish could have gone on forever.

A lot of the times I want a series to end just so I can figure out the 'big secret' that is being kept from the viewers, so everything can fit together and I can say "Oh my gosh! No way!". The only problem is that this happens at the end and then in a couple episodes the anime is over. Well, not in every series but in a lot.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
i love anime, but with the exception of a few, every time i get to end of a show, the ending is disappointing, or leaves a lot to the imagination. the strange thing is i honestly can't think of a lot of animes where everything is resolved at the end.
Luminal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
When I see an ending to a series I realy like, I men I love it. I watch it avidly and when itI finaly see the ending to it I'm so disapointed that is is end I feel depressed, well almost LOL...

...Just like you don't want it to end. You wish it could go on for a while...

...Am I the only person that has these feelings? Do you ever NOT want a show to end? Or, are you sad because of thending? Do you feel asthough you aren't fufilled with the ending given?

Yes, I guess in that sense I am exactly like you. In Peach Girl, for example, spoiler[she ends up with the guy she is in love at the very end of the last episode, with 30 seconds till the credits appear] and it makes you wish they had at least 1 episode more with both of them together, just to see what it would be like. That extra episode would probably be boring as hell because there is no more conflict and the character's goal has been achieved, but I think it would be nice.This holds true especially with all the romantic ones.

And yeah, I to feel so depressed when a show I really liked ends.

Luminal
AzN_dT_StReEt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey all! Yea I usually end up feelin' pretty crappy after an anime ends. Felt down in the dumps for like a week after I watched the last episode of Gundam Seed and up until I heard about Tsubasa Chronicle, I was depressed about the end of Cardcaptor Sakura. I seriously have waaay too much free time as of late to be getting all depressed over these things. Very Happy
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey I just wanna point this out before I give in my input but 2Real you really have shitty grammar. No offense but you really need to improve your grammar and spelling cause it is really annoying to try and read what your topic is about with such horrible grammar and spelling.

Personally what was said earlier in this topic really applies to me but I get over it quickly and I start raving on how amazing the series was and then recommend it to my friends who watch anime.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1