• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Has anyone seen "Love Hina Final Selection"?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aflimmer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I happened across this title today, but I have never even heard of it. There is no info in the encyclopedia, and I googled it, but couldn't come up with anything conclusive. Has anyone seen it? Would it be worth it to a Love Hina fan to track it down? Is it a sequal, special, re-hash, or what?

Thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Happy Holidays!
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen it but it's a recap episode as I've heard. You're not missing anything. There is another episode that was never released in the U.S. though. I think it was episode 26. But if you're a Love Hina fan you'd probably know that.
Berselius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I have seen it and it is indeed a recap. The story pretty much ends with the two OVAs and love hina again. I assume you saw the ep where Keitaro and Motoko were going to get married, yes? That episode is the on Pantsgoblin is talking about that never made it to the U.S, or PAL from what i understand. Hope that helps.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Berselius wrote:
I assume you saw the ep where Keitaro and Motoko were going to get married, yes? That episode is the on Pantsgoblin is talking about that never made it to the U.S, or PAL from what i understand. Hope that helps.

I can't say anything about PAL, but that episode was on one of the specials in the US, the Christmas one I believe.
Berselius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Is that true!? I never knew that. I brought a box set that had eps 1-25 and the christmas and spring specials, but it did not have that episode. Dood, you now have me totally ready to go out and find the christmas edition if its true.
deathbringer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Berselius wrote:
Is that true!? I never knew that. I brought a box set that had eps 1-25 and the christmas and spring specials, but it did not have that episode. Dood, you now have me totally ready to go out and find the christmas edition if its true.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/4tpSYtJFrVs8E1DKZm/browse/item/58284/4/0/0

Look at the DVD features. As far as I'm aware, the episode featuring Motoko and Keitaro is episode 25, I don't believe they ever animated the chapter where Tsuriko makes Motoko promise to marry Keitaro if she can't defeat her.
3dmk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:
Berselius wrote:
I assume you saw the ep where Keitaro and Motoko were going to get married, yes? That episode is the on Pantsgoblin is talking about that never made it to the U.S, or PAL from what i understand. Hope that helps.

I can't say anything about PAL, but that episode was on one of the specials in the US, the Christmas one I believe.

I have to say you are correct in this. It is added as an extra on the disk. I found it rather enjoyable myself. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1