• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Golden Boy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf X

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I know that it is becoming a older anime but are there or were there any plans to continue the Golden Boy series? I think it is one of the funnies animes out there and the ending is so open ended that you could do anything you wanted with the continuation.
therax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
As with most Anime , ending are left open. Either for continuation or because the manga is still continuing.

Unfortunately Golden Boy, is old and the hype factor that entices companies to make second seasons/OVAs has dried up. So like many older anime I would not expect any more eps to be made.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Get the manga, I've heard that there's tons more.
daxomni

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:57 am Reply with quote
You know, you could probably make a nice living just by re-animating all those anime series that never had real endings. I'd bet that American consumers would love to have clear-cut endings to their favorite anime series and in special edition OVA's. Yeah, if I had some cash I'd setup shop in some SEA country and get a team of animators to put together a few wrap-up episodes for all the open-ended series we've had to endure over the years. The hardest part would be finding the right voice actors, but thats a concern for another day.
TF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:51 am Reply with quote
if you should animate the entire manga, i think you'll be busy for a while Razz
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Where can you buy Golden Boy Manga?
Satch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I hear ya man... I love the golden boy series. Its soooo funny. My friends and i couldnt stop laughing when we watched it the first time. It has some very memorable lines also "C does not equal ___". Good stuff. I wish there was an extend version of Golden Boy but chances one is going to come out are slim to none. But like the others said the manga has a bunch more other "senerios" that kintaro gets him self into.

PS - STUDY STUDY STUDY
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

Japan and only if you can read japanese. Otherwise the series isn't license and probably never be license. It's just too risque with orgy and perverted old man, moreso than the anime.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:01 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Rozzer wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

Japan and only if you can read japanese. Otherwise the series isn't license and probably never be license. It's just too risque with orgy and perverted old man, moreso than the anime.

Have you seen what's on the shelves of Borders these days?
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I figured you probably wouldn't be able to get it anywhere here in the states. Which is very unfortunate because I think it would be a good read, and if it's really that bad just put it in the adult section. But wishful thinking only brings disappointment, so I'll shut up.
mahoro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I had the entire GB manga series in Japanese and I must warn ALL of you the contents later involve considerable adult situations and do not show the same lighthearted characters we see in the anime version. In fact IMO it get a bit twisted with all of the VR virtual reality sex scenes and yes, rape scenes. GB is a great anime to watch but be forewarned the manga definitely involves GRAPHIC adult contents and is hentai. If that is cool with you and you are of legal age, go borrow a copy from a local manga café if there is one around you, they are rather popular in Asia.
Zetzer0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
For me, I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of the anime, but I've read the manga, and it's VERY well done. I'm impressed how they "ended" it!
TF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quote
Matsuro wrote:
For me, I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of the anime, but I've read the manga, and it's VERY well done. I'm impressed how they "ended" it!

cool, that lets me look forward to something Wink
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Golden Boy deserves a sequel. Only Golden Boy and GTO made me whipe tears from laughing. If Hellsing gets more eps I think Golden Boy could someday follow same direction. I think episode 1 and 5 are absolutely best Twisted Evil .. wmuahaha!!!
Lolotakun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Like Mahoro said, the Golden Boy manga gets rather edgy afterwards, but it still remains one of the BEST manga ever made! The OVA series shows only Kintaro's adventures of the first, pretty tame manga volume out of 10. It becomes later on a pretty harsh animadversion of morality and education, where provocative scenes and absurd humor serve the cause instead of distracting from it. But be warned: the manga ends even more abruptly than the anime. Nevertheless an indispensable read!

If only more of Tatsuya Egawa's works would find their way to the west (except of Talulu maybe, partly available already)! Okay, they're pretty kinky, but are we mature citizens or what?! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2