• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School boy + School female teacher = ??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy To those who've watched 'Please Teacher!' will get my drift! Haha, I find it very funny and a bit weird...after all it's amusing to see how a relationship between a young school boy and his well-endowed teacher, develops. Well, there’s nothing really wrong with it, actually, considering the fact that the teacher was an alien and stuff…But it has always tickled me-funny whenever I see the both of them together…as the boy looked kinda fragile and short whereas, the teacher is a typical attractive woman…haha, any comments? Wink
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote
It caters to classic fantasies about young men/older women as well as student/teacher relationships. Besides, seeing any girl with most anime male leads is a little bit unnatural, so the Please Teacher situation isn't that strange at all.
Berselius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote
It seems to me to be more than just an anime that tries to be your average romance while touching upon certain crowd's fetisch towards older women. Kei and Mizuho are first forced together by circumstances, including their "marraige." But as time goes on they actually do find that they like each other and are able to put their differences aside to make a bond. What really stands out about Please Teacher! IMHO is that the series makes it perfectly clear that there is no such thing as a complelty harmonious unity between lovers. This isn't like Ai Yori Aoshi or Kimi ga Nozomu Eien where the lovers are constantly thrown obsticles in their path. Rather PT shows that the obsticles are the lovers themselves, and that in order to have a healthy relationship the two individuals (or more if that's your thing) must support each other even in the darkest hours. I love shows that really try to nail it in that love is not the dream that everyone initially imagines it to be: it's a unity of two different people with very different lives, thought patterns, opinions, ways of life, and values. This of course leads to conflict at times, but if both parties are willing they can come out the better. Please Teacher! relays this message VERY effectively.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1