• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, umm.... quick question!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cadub77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quote
Has music from an anime ever made your eyes tear up?

Not that that happend to me while I was watching flcl with my bro or anything, BECAUSE IT didn't Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
Aozora from Air (TV), and this.

(EDIT: reasoning for NTHT explained in the old post. As for Aozora: seeing spoiler[Misuzu using her last strength in order to stay by Haruko's side is one of the most heartbreaking anime watching experience], second only to NTHT.)

To cadub77: You'd better change your subject title and contribute your own experience as soon as possible.

Last edited by dormcat on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:09 am Reply with quote
"Rumbling Hearts" from Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. I don't like to talk about KGNE, I'll leave it at that.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:40 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I don't like to talk about KGNE, I'll leave it at that.

Yet that leaves us with no explanation, and thus means this is a list post.

In fact, so far every post has been a list post. And I don't wanna have to lock another thread for this, y'know?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote
I don't think this is a topic people like to talk about in general so the thread itself is contradictory. Well, at least I don't like to talk about things that make me sad... and in the back of my mind, I know I'm just avoiding reality... damn you KGNE, how I love and hate you at the same time... I admit it though, I try to live in a fantasy world and usually just ignore stuff I don't like and try to be happy. KGNE hit me like a hammer. I try to forget it... but I just can't, because I know that I shouldn't. I left it at that... I should probably talk to a pychiatrist about this.
cadub77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I cryed during the last episode of flcl, I didn't want it to end...

Whats this kgne? I want to see it, please tell me more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote
KGNE = Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Right here...

anime#2570

If you want to watch it, it's only on fansubs. Sorry, as much as I recommend watching it, I can't tell you where to find them.
cadub77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Dont worry, I allready know where to get it.

But litsin, before I watch this, should I?

I get emotionaly atached to anime soooo idk...
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
cadub77 wrote:
But litsin, before I watch this, should I?

I get emotionaly atached to anime soooo idk...

Yes, I recommend watching it. KGNE isn't your normal romance anime though, don't expect it to be. You'll probably appretiate it at the end though. I did.
cadub77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Sweet.

Im stuck in the house for a week, so now I have something to do, thanks.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:52 am Reply with quote
Moé's theme in Love Hina, episode 20--I'm a sucker for sad music box-style tunes, and it fits so well with Moé's mechanical nature and the story of the episode, especially how spoiler[at the end, the music slows down to a halt just as Moé stops moving under the "tsukumogami" magic that brought her to life.]

Probably Aozora from Air as well, now that I actually recognize the song (after rewatching key parts of episodes 6 and 12 several times). Heck, I can even pinpoint the exact measure.

For awhile, the piano/violin track "Never Meant to Belong" from Bleach did, though after so many episodes and repeats of it, I've become a bit desensitized. It's still good in episode 17, but I kind of like how they make comedy out of it by interrupting the music with someone jumping in and attacking in recent episodes.

Some of the background music ("Saigo no Hibi" [Last Days]) in episode 24 of Chrno Crusade, though this is more because of the events of the ep, when you have spoiler[Rosette and Chrno sitting on the porch swing of the country house they always wanted, Rosette talking about how she's scared and doesn't want to die, and the clock ticking away the last 30 seconds as the sun sets.] I really am a sappy soul, because even thinking about it is almost Crying or Very sad material.

EDIT: Also, when "Come Sweet Death" starts playing in End of Evangelion. More specifically, when the vocals begin. . .that's the moment when you know, without a doubt spoiler[that Shinji has gone with the "death" instinct, and that the world as we know it is going to end. Plus, so many other sad moments happen during that song, like Maya screaming out "Senpai! Senpai! before liquefying, " and some of Fuyutsuki and Gendoh's last lines about Yui and Shinji.]

Last edited by Zalis116 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
3dmk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Eva's soundtrack does this to me when I am driving. Not quite like Schindler's List, but it does put me into a very emo mood. Of all the soundtracks I have collected, only eva comes to mind as being deeper than your normal background instrumental. Noir's ending theme is also rather moody imo.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
3dmk wrote:
Noir's ending theme is also rather moody imo.
Try "Indio" last track on the second blue CD. it was only used in volume 6 of the DVD and that was just a short clip of it but in the full monty it's heart wrenching. Another of Ms. Kajiura's compositions is the ending theme for Chrono Crusade. That had me in a puddle of tears when I heard it with the beautiful line drawings segment. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1