• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dance in the Vampire Bund Blu-ray and Sora no Woto

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote
I know ANN just put out the press release for Sora, but who's getting it? Meeeeeee

Right Stuf also has Vamp Bund for pre-order, Which I shall also be getting. Anyone else?

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/dGA4ZGb-2GMTk=RjBf/browse/item/91631/4/0/0

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/dGA4ZGb-2GMTk=RjBf/browse/item/91384/4/0/0
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
Didn't really get into Bund (stopped watching halfway through) but I enjoyed SoRaNoWoTo. I already bought the Japanese BDs though so not planning on getting this version.
The artbook will probably have the slipcase/reversible jacket/postcard art from the Japanese singles. Each BD booklet ends with a page with a different staff member's comments, so probably those are the staff commentary. Hard to tell from this press release if it'll include the character design/bios and environment settings art or not. The CDs included with the Japanese singles (character songs and audio plays) are missing from the announcement--it's pretty rare to see those included in U.S. releases.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
I have pre-ordered DitVB and will order Sora no Woto the next time I place a TRSI order. (I'm a Canadian who always takes advantage of free shipping to my country by ordering $150 or more worth of stuff. That means I have to pick my orders to coincide with sales that I'm interested as opposed to just ordering single items.)
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote
I’ve never actually seen the show, but a certain someone on a different forum gave me a pretty good rundown on exactly how what makes them love the show, so I was convinced that it was worth taking a plunge on, even though I’m not a moe kinda guy. That, coupled with the shitload of great extras(including that artbox) and the $5 Nozomi coupon I had pushed me over the edge.

I’m actually really excited for it. Since we all order from Rightstuf pretty often, we should be getting our new Spring 2011 catalogs in the mail sometime soon, so I’ll look forward to reading up on the show even more when that comes along.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I can tell you one thing.

The limited edition of Vampire Bund is putting my batches budget +200 and Im only buying 7 things
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Definately getting Dance in the Vampire Bund but I'll skip Sora for reasons obvious to anyone familiar with my preferences and buying rules. (The only question is, can I overcome my OCD-esque need to always shelve things spine out so I can display Mina properly?)
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(The only question is, can I overcome my OCD-esque need to always shelve things spine out so I can display Mina properly?)

I have OCD and not having the spine out doesn't bug me at all. Of course, the only time I do it is when one of the sides have wonderful art (like Bund has), so it's not that common. Air, Claymore, Desert Punk, Kare Kano, Lucky Star, Mahoromatic, and Witchblade are the ones I currently have sideways. I also have Beck, Evangelion (tin) and Haruhi Suzumiya sideways, but they don't have a real spine anyways. Now, when people put there box sets discs out, that's a different story.

If I buy Vampire Bund, that Mina picture is totally going out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Now, when people put there box sets discs out, that's a different story.
What if the box is designed to be shown discs-out, like Heat Guy J? (All the discs combined form J's face, something I haven't seen since the days of VHS) Or what if the box art is worse than the DVDs, ala Gilgamesh? (The gilgamesh thin pak is better than the box IMO)

I have most of my boxes discs-out, but as they're all stacked on each other, this means I can extract a disc without having to move everything. I try to use my discs, they're not just a "trophy wall".
Quote:
...Witchblade are the ones I currently have sideways.
What do you mean you have them sideways? As in standing up with the front facing out, instead of the just the spine/dvd slide-out? If so, do you have a different Witchblade than I, as I find the front of my "Witchblade, the complete series" to be pretty bad art wise. I know it was drawn by Marc Silvestri et al, but this art looks nothing like the show or the comics, and is a huge step down from both quality wise. It's more interesting than most other box covers granted, but I almost didn't buy the box due to the art as I thought the show would look like that. Glad to be wrong in that case. Interestingly, the Americans made the Asian characters look more "Asian" than the Asians themselves did.

Anyhow, I don't have the space or shelf setup for such positioning, they'd always fall over. Lame, I know.

On topic, I think I'll pass. No dub for Sound of the Sky, and I don't like the bugle. Though the "5 point palm exploding heart technique" AMV did show that it has some quality art. Can't say any of the 3 appeals of Bund are for me either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1