• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
i thought 4kids had to release one piece uncut

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
is there going to be one piece uncut i thought 4kids had to release uncut dvd?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsukinoken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
is there going to be one piece uncut i thought 4kids had to release uncut dvd?

No they cancelled there uncut line for some reason which was quite oblivious and stupid.But there still might be some light at the end of this dark tunnel because Viz picked up the distribution rights.

Last edited by tsukinoken on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
animonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I think it's up to 4kids, so I don't know. However, I cannot imagine 4kids having ABSOLUTE POWER to prevent one piece uncut dvds from ever coming out. If they do, There is no way the fans would let them... I can't really explain why, but even if 4kids has total control, I can imagine the uncut dvds coming out in the future.
animonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh, (lol I posted my post a second after the guy above me so I didn't read his). VIZ picked up the rights? Well they'll DEFENITLEY release the uncut dvds, right? I mean they're doing it with naruto.
Kouji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Expcet 4Kids doesn't really care what anime fans think of them. Even if they were still releasing their uncut Shaman King and Yugioh DVDs, they never abosuletly had to release uncut One Piece DVDs if they didn't want to since they owned the rights to it and could do whatever they wanted to with it. Considering 4Kids cancelled their uncut DVD lines, it's highly doubtful that they will release it, even if Viz is distrubting the DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I thought the only way 4kids could get one piece was becuase they said they would release them uncut cant the japanese producer take there rights away? And any news on the one piece movie hitting america soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsukinoken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
I thought the only way 4kids could get one piece was becuase they said they would release them uncut can't the japanese producer take there rights away? And any news on the one piece movie hitting america soon.

No that hasn't stopped them yet they seem to not really care
and yea its possible that the one piece movie could hit north america but not unless it gets really popular like pokemon or yugioh.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
animonkey wrote:
VIZ picked up the rights? Well they'll DEFENITLEY release the uncut dvds, right? I mean they're doing it with naruto.

No Viz doesn't have the rights to One Piece; what they are doing is handling the DVD distribution of 4Kids' property, but Viz is in no way involved in the production, that being the voice recording, the writing and the *ahem* editing. So once again, it's really up to 4Kids as to whether or not uncut versions will be released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1