• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OT: Was just on the AS forums

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
and swim torrent was asking people if they would want a HD version of his interview with the FMA director, Seiji Mizushima. Now I know its a long shot to have HD interviews on ANN (his 15 min interview is going to be over 150 MB) but wouldn't video interviews be nice? I know its asking a lot but I would watch them.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Problem may very well be that alot of people would watch them. 150MB is quite a bit to host and if it's a popular file then that's alot of bandwidth. I'm not sure how much money ANN pulls in but since the site is pretty much free I can't imagine it would be a whole lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
By "AS" I assume you're refering to the very popular fansub site with those initials? Or maybe Adult Swim forum (don't know if they have one)?

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote
If you use torrents like ADV is using for trailers these days then the burden on the server is a lot less.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
By "AS" I assume you're refering to the very popular fansub site with those initials?

AS? Maybe it means adult swim....I dont go to fansub sites so not to sure what you're talking of pantsgoblin. As for the 150 mb yeah, that might be stretching it for a free website. I'm surprise ANN.com doesn't ask for donations to help them out....not saying that they need it or anything like that but just one of those things I figured they would do but hey I'm insane lol. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
AS is short for Adult Swim. Or you can use [adult swim] to look cool.

As for a high-quality copy of this interview, I'd rather see one with Mike McFarland. Yes, Mizushima may be the creator of FMA, but I'd rather hear about how the awesome dub was done rather than the philosophy behind the show.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

As for a high-quality copy of this interview, I'd rather see one with Mike McFarland. Yes, Mizushima may be the creator of FMA, but I'd rather hear about how the awesome dub was done rather than the philosophy behind the show.

I don't I'm kind fo curious about the philosophy myself. Seeing how I've seen alot of things from Japan dealing with the philosopher stone I kind of want to know some history behind it and if it's explained a little int he interview I'd be greatful... And when I say I've seen alot of things dealing witht eh philosopher stone I'm talking about teh video game Shadows of Destiny, the book Vampire Hunter D Volume 2: Rasiers of Gale, and of course FMA, and I also believe I heard of the philospher stone somewhere else. So, I'm curious to it's background history and why it's been used in stories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nani?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

Actually, the philosophy around the show is probably what would interest me. It's part of what I love about Anime. Considering how many self absorbed, empty headed voice actors I've encountered, my taste lies elsewhere.

It's all a matter of taste.

All the Best,

Nani?
patch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
and swim torrent was asking people if they would want a HD version of his interview with the FMA director, Seiji Mizushima. Now I know its a long shot to have HD interviews on ANN (his 15 min interview is going to be over 150 MB) but wouldn't video interviews be nice? I know its asking a lot but I would watch them.

damn, you think someone with a handle like "swim torrent" would be smart to enought realize how he could easily distribute the video Laughing
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
I don't I'm kind fo curious about the philosophy myself. Seeing how I've seen alot of things from Japan dealing with the philosopher stone I kind of want to know some history behind it and if it's explained a little int he interview I'd be greatful... And when I say I've seen alot of things dealing witht eh philosopher stone I'm talking about teh video game Shadows of Destiny, the book Vampire Hunter D Volume 2: Rasiers of Gale, and of course FMA, and I also believe I heard of the philospher stone somewhere else. So, I'm curious to it's background history and why it's been used in stories.

The Philosopher's Stone is actually tied to alchemy, it is the key to turning lead into gold and any other unnatural transmutations. In FMA it is used to greatly increase an alchemists powers which isn't far off from its origins.

Just to add a bit to your list of places where "Philosopher's Stone" has shown up, it can also be found in the Final Fantasy games (especially in XI) and the first Harry Potter book Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone which was renamed the "Sorcerers Stone" when it came to the US.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
The Philosopher's Stone is actually tied to alchemy, it is the key to turning lead into gold and any other unnatural transmutations. In FMA it is used to greatly increase an alchemists powers which isn't far off from its origins.

Just to add a bit to your list of places where "Philosopher's Stone" has shown up, it can also be found in the Final Fantasy games (especially in XI) and the first Harry Potter book Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone which was renamed the "Sorcerers Stone" when it came to the US.

As well as Paulo Coelho's novel, The Alchemist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1