• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommend me some anime! (more adult stuff)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aphos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:06 am Reply with quote
here's something that i like (and have seen):

akira
princess mononoke
spirited away
kite
jin-roh
metropolis
memories
ghost in the shell 1 & 2 (not the series!!)
flcl
serial experiments lain
ninja scroll
tamala 2010
spring & chaos
sin-the movie
wicked city
spriggan
blood the last vampire
vampire hunter d
niea_7
wonderful days
voices of distant star

kthnx Mr. Green
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quote
Ya... you should probably go read the rules, that was a pretty poor introduction. I'll recommend an anime anyway though that you would probably like. I consider Elfen Lied to be a very good anime. There's alot of blood and nudity if you like that kind of stuff, that's not really what I like it for though. Mainly Elfen Lied just has an incredible story line that will always keep you interested. There wasn't a single episode of Elfen Lied that I didn't find myself completely invovled in its amazingly interesting story and characters. Mainly if you want to watch something that will keep you interested and always making you want to see what will happen next, try Elfen Lied.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Ya... you should probably go read the rules, that was a pretty poor introduction. I'll recommend an anime anyway though that you would probably like. I consider Elfen Lied to be a very good anime. There's alot of blood and nudity if you like that kind of stuff, that's not really what I like it for though. Mainly Elfen Lied just has an incredible story line that will always keep you interested. There wasn't a single episode of Elfen Lied that I didn't find myself completely invovled in its amazingly interesting story and characters. Mainly if you want to watch something that will keep you interested and always making you want to see what will happen next, try Elfen Lied.

She or he is right sorry I don't know your gender I think your a girl but I'll play it safe. You need to read the rules. One of the rules state no listing you need details that can be used for discussion. She or he is also right that that was a very poor introduction shouldn't demand things be polite about it. And I would recommend Demon City Shinjuku. Because it has alot of features like Wicked City. With a dark scary feel to it. Though it is kind of a short movie which leaves you wanting more I'm sure if you like wicked city you'd like Demon city Shinjuku. Graphically they are both the same. Dubbing Demon city shinjuku stinks at because of the way the voices don't match up well. However, it's one of my personally favorites I think you should look into further.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
I'm a guy, I just find Colette (my avatar) to be totally adorable.
aphos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:15 am Reply with quote
well, sorry i didn't realize that listing was not allowed Rolling Eyes

anyway..

seen Demon City Shinjuku (didn't like the drawingstyle)
seen some Elfen Lied (look above)

good choises, didn't just do it for me..
blood and violence doesn't make the anime good btw Laughing
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:33 am Reply with quote
aphos wrote:

That wasn't very clear, by "look above" do you mean its on your list (cause it isn't), or do you mean you didn't like the art style.

aphos wrote:

While I don't think it does either, I couldn't tell if you liked it or not just from your list. There are many people who do like blood and violence in their anime. I don't have a problem with that also, if they like it, let them enjoy it.

As for anime to recommend to you, its hard to tell just with that list of yours. Can you specify what you are looking for in an anime? This is kind of the reason lists are not allowed, cause it creates a lot of confusion.

Btw, the forum rules are right here. You should go read them.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
aphos wrote:

That wasn't very clear, by "look above" do you mean its on your list (cause it isn't), or did you mean you didn't like the art style.

aphos wrote:

While I don't think it does either, I couldn't tell if you liked it or not just from your list. There are many people who do like blood and violence in their anime. I don't have a problem with that also, if they like it, let them enjoy it.

As for anime to recommend to you, its hard to tell just with that list of yours. Can you specify what you are looking for in an anime? This is kind of the reason lists are not allowed, cause it creates a lot of confusion.

I'm not that big on blood and violence. I just like the art work some of those blood and violence films give.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1