• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Delayed Again!!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkSamurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
well, well, well looks like advent children was delayed again. I not surprised. Who knows when well get movie. form september 17, 05 , to november 29 05 , to January 10, 06, to April 10, 2006. whats next, december 2006.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&searchcount=12&keyword=advent+children&platform=0
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
for the american release, it would be highly unusual (though not a bad idea) to have a foreign made movie released here in the states a few days after the foreign release..and vice versa. I peronally thought November 29 was a little soon as well (though Sony and SQ will miss out on the holiday season, and that's not good). I'm sure there are some good reasons for the delay and I am willing to wait if they do a good job. And if Last Order is tossed in as an extra, then the wait will be worth it.
DarkSamurai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
well it will be worth the wait. i seen the movie already.(i dont mean to brag) but i think the reason there delaying it because of the voice-over. and maybe they'll add an extra features. like the making of the movie, bios, pics, etc.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
all very nice for you americans...but how am I(a British man) to see this?

anyone know the UK release? Or if there will even be one?
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
You know I am sure it is worth the wait, but I really think they should quit jerking us around. Just say TBA and leave it at that. There already losing money due to pirating, so I suggest they speed things up.

I am just getting really annoyed. This movie is being so hyped and the trailer looks so awesome, I guess the non-stop getting let down is starting to get to me. Shocked
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Time to see if Gamestop will allow me to use the deposit on buying a game....
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
... I highly doubt they'll release it in April oO though, I said that about January and it looks like I was wrong.

On Suncoast.com, they FINALLY put Advent Children on their website and it says that the UMD is coming out January 10th. I have my faith in Suncoast even though they are very expensive, most of the time, they always are right on with the money when it comes to the release date of anime and what not.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Curses. Although they've delayed it so many times it really doesn't surprise me at all. If they do a good job on the dub and maybe even include the Last order, it will be worth it.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
You know I am sure it is worth the wait, but I really think they should quit jerking us around. Just say TBA and leave it at that. There already losing money due to pirating, so I suggest they speed things up.

I am just getting really annoyed. This movie is being so hyped and the trailer looks so awesome, I guess the non-stop getting let down is starting to get to me. Shocked

They are a game company for the most part and most gamers know how much game companies love pushing back release dates over and over again. I guess this habit has just made its way into their non-gaming departments as well. :p

I'm willing to wait, it looks great but I'm not so into it that I must see it now as there's plenty of other good anime to watch and a good deal of domestic movies I wish to see over the coming months.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Here, check this out. Suncoast FFVII AC UMD Release

Since it states only the UMD, I would think that the DVD would come out on the same day, eh?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:

Since it states only the UMD, I would think that the DVD would come out on the same day, eh?

The sheets at Media Plays say both the UMD and DVD come out January 10th. We Finaly got the pre-order number in on Thuesday.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
DarkTenshi90 wrote:

The sheets at Media Plays say both the UMD and DVD come out January 10th. We Finaly got the pre-order number in on Thuesday.

Is that Thursday or Tuesday? Or maybe somewhere in between, like an alias of Wednesday or something.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
DarkTenshi90 wrote:

Very Happy Yayness. I seriously doubt it would take a long wait to dub an hour and 40 min movie. So, I have my hopes up for January 10th. Anime smile
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
... I highly doubt they'll release it in April oO though, I said that about January and it looks like I was wrong.

On Suncoast.com, they FINALLY put Advent Children on their website and it says that the UMD is coming out January 10th. I have my faith in Suncoast even though they are very expensive, most of the time, they always are right on with the money when it comes to the release date of anime and what not.

Reason there so expensive is because most of there stores are in mall areas inwhich they have to pay the mall money for just being there. Now Best Buys have cheaper items then suncoast but one thing I love about suncoast and samgoody is there selection is greater then that of best buys. But I normally check with best buys first to see if they have the items I want to get as cheap as possible if best buys doesn't have it then sun coast or samgoody might and I'm willing to pay an extra 2-4 dollars or so for the item. Plus, you are right most of the time the release dates are correct.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
DarkTenshi90 wrote:

Reason there so expensive is because most of there stores are in mall areas inwhich they have to pay the mall money for just being there. Now Best Buys have cheaper items then suncoast but one thing I love about suncoast and samgoody is there selection is greater then that of best buys. But I normally check with best buys first to see if they have the items I want to get as cheap as possible if best buys doesn't have it then sun coast or samgoody might and I'm willing to pay an extra 2-4 dollars or so for the item. Plus, you are right most of the time the release dates are correct.

Yeah, I do the same thing when it comes to buying from Subcoast Anime hyper or, I go there during the first week of the anime DVD release and get it for $20. Samurai Champloo is cheaper than the ones you could get at Best Buy during that first week only. But, anyway....

^^ Yepz, Suncoast usually supplies most the release date information for me. They have yet to be wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2