• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I've given up, but I still want to know...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Right I have been watching FMA but I have given up with getting it anymore, its become too tedious for equivalent trade to be explained again, and for Ed and Al to achieve absolutely nothing as well as Sheska not getting enough screen time...

but I still want to know what actually happens. So if possible can you give me a brief synopsis of either each episode or a fairly detailed ending single synopsis on the series in general from around episode 40 onwards?

thanks if you can contribute anything on it, and remember those spoiler tags!
LxTrix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
if you really want to know bear with watching it
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
If the equivalent exchange stuff bothers you so much, why don't you just skip through it if you have the DVDs? It doesn't bother me at all... and if you're watching it on Adult Swim, just turn down the volume. That's no reason to give up on the show.

I have heard that the ending for the series was quite fitting, though, I have yet to see it. A friend of mine told me. If you really want to know how it ends so much, just sit through the rest of the series. I'm only on episode 20? I think, but anyway, and I still find the show to have a lot of appeal to it. It's different, and I like different.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
its not just the equivalent trade bit, thats just another annoyance.

what is really turning me off is the complete lack of anytyhing bein achieved by ed and al.

its ep 40 and so far all they seem to do is find a lead, follow it and find it leads nowhere, find another lead...ad infinatum...
LxTrix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
lol, how do you sit there doing that, looking for them to get somewhere? thats why its not enjoyable. don't focus on that. they do get closer and closer, plus once its over you'll miss it
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes leads don't always pan out, it's realistic in that respect and there's alot of substories going on as well. If that's not your thing then don't watch it. But if you are interested enough to know how it turns out then just stick with it and watch it.

As for equivalent exchange being explained I did feel they went over it a bit too much in the beginning but it hasn't really been a major issue for awhile that I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
They stop the "equivalent exchange" explanation somewhere in the early 40s episodes, after spoiler[they get their hands on some choice grade A Philosopher's Stone at about episode 42 or so.] If you're up to 40, it's worth sticking it out to the end. And also, I think the DVDs are only up to disc 6, and at 4 episodes a disc, that's only episode 24, so I have a feeing the OP is watching this on something Shocked other than DVDs.

P.S. -- I almost wrote "4 discs an episode" by mistake--now that's a ripoff, even by Japanese standards Laughing Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:41 am Reply with quote
LxTrix wrote:
lol, how do you sit there doing that, looking for them to get somewhere? thats why its not enjoyable. don't focus on that. they do get closer and closer, plus once its over you'll miss it
Correct. For this series it's not the distination that is that important. It's the journey getting there. Patients is a virtue. Wink
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
LxTrix wrote:
Correct. For this series it's not the distination that is that important. It's the journey getting there. Patients is a virtue. Wink

for a doctor maybe...

now patience might be.

but dont you think something is wrong when I have to patiently watch something thats meant to be for enjoyment...?
Number Six

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:

but I still want to know what actually happens. So if possible can you give me a brief synopsis of either each episode or a fairly detailed ending single synopsis on the series in general from around episode 40 onwards?

Have you googled? I'd be surprised if there's not several plot synopses for FMA floating around the Net.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
LxTrix wrote:

for a doctor maybe...

now patience might be.
Yeah, dem too! Good shout. Laughing

Quote:
but don't you think something is wrong when I have to patiently watch something thats meant to be for enjoyment...?
That depends on what floats your boat named "enjoyment"! FMA won't please everyone and if you're not willing to sit through it then don't. It 's always up to you. However having said that, it would be unfortunate for you if your impatience caused you to miss a rather decent series afterall. Wink
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The series is 51 episodes total. If you're at episode 40, that's roughly 4/5 of the way through. There is a heapload of plot advancement coming up, so sit down and watch it.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:

As others have said, if you're already up to episode 40, then you've only got just under a dozen episodes left. And if you really have this desire to want to see how it turns out, then I'm sure you can endure what little's left. Neutral

Besides, there's more Sheska coming up for you if you stick with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
hentai4me wrote:

As others have said, if you're already up to episode 40, then you've only got just under a dozen episodes left. And if you really have this desire to want to see how it turns out, then I'm sure you can endure what little's left. Neutral

I suppose I'll have to sit through it as no one will tell me!! Rolling Eyes

but fair enough...it cant take long...

Nagisa wrote:
Besides, there's more Sheska coming up for you if you stick with it.

hurray!
Irukichan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
One of those people that have a short attention span? That's too bad. Not everything can be straight out fighting or plot movement. There's a story going on, too, and the lesson learned here is that you can't always get to where you want to be in life quickly. It takes patience, hard work, and some mess-ups. Al and Ed aren't going to accomplish a goal like that quickly during the series when countless other older and more experienced alchemists have spent their lives researching it.

It'd kind've make it cheap, right? Anyways, you know all the good stuff happens at the end. That's why, well, it's the end ^^ It's nice, I wish they'd left it off at the end and not made that evil movie v_v
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1