• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
why does anime news network say 24eps for ichigo 100%

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I think i spelled the name wrong but i thought there are 12 eps and 4 oav's why does ann say 24 eps?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Go visit official Japanese sites. They were counted as two episodes even if they were aired continuously (with commercials in between) in a 30-min slot on the same day.

The same rule applies to other similar titles. If the official source count it as 24 eps, it's listed as 24 eps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Go visit official Japanese sites. They were counted as two episodes even if they were aired continuously (with commercials in between) in a 30-min slot on the same day.

The same rule applies to other similar titles. If the official source count it as 24 eps, it's listed as 24 eps.
i cant read japanese so the sites are useless to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i can't read japanese so the sites are useless to me.

First, it DOESN'T matter if you can read Japanese or not. Just

1. Enter the site.
2. Move your mouse cursor around, particularly on those strawberries.
3. You should be able to find a link: http://avexmode.jp/animation/ichigo/story.html <-- See "STORY"
4. Count with your fingers and toes.

Second, how did you get the idea of how many episodes it has in the first place, if you can't read Japanese? Because of 12 .avi files, maybe? Twisted Evil ANN is more trustworthy than most, if not all, fansubbers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
He probably bought the bootleg off ebay.
Fazz89x

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
[quote="dormcat"]
hikaru393 wrote:
Second, how did you get the idea of how many episodes it has in the first place, if you can't read Japanese? Because of 12 .avi files, maybe? Twisted Evil ANN is more trustworthy than most, if not all, fansubbers.

Zatch Bell is a Shonen Jump show and the first Dragon Ball Z movie was released in an edited format under the name "The Path to the Power" by Pioneer a long time ago. Razz

Relax man, we all make mistakes. Very Happy
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Fazz89x"]
dormcat wrote:
hikaru393 wrote:

Zatch Bell is a Shonen Jump show and the first Dragon Ball Z movie was released in an edited format under the name "The Path to the Power" by Pioneer a long time ago. Razz

Relax man, we all make mistakes. Very Happy
someone on this site told me 12 eps and not to trust ANN stuff on ichigo 100%
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
someone on this site told me 12 eps and not to trust ANN stuff on ichigo 100%

Regarding the relationship trees between OVA and TV series, yes, but all other info are (supposed to be) correct. I haven't and won't watch it, so I can't verify information other than those listed on official sites.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1