• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need help with YTV schedule (canadian broadcasting station)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Okay I need help in finding out what will replace .hack//Sign once its running is done. I need to know what would fill it's time slot. I do know that for this week and last they're showing the ovas related to the tv series but what will be shown after? Will it be given another run like Gundam SEED or will something new be added. Or maybe they will bump up Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex to fill the spot?

Also i'm wondering why its taking so long to bring up Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop up to Canada? Seeing as how popular it is in America i'm wondering why hasn't it been given a shot north of the border? Can anyone answer this for me?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
if I recall, YTV has no plans to ever air FMA.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
if I recall, YTV has no plans to ever air FMA.

Oh i've heard that that might be because YTV has or is still having a feud with FUNimation if i'm correct right? And so saying that Fullmetal Alchemist was licensed by FUNimation correct? Which means zero chance of it ever showing Crying or Very sad . Thanks for the clearification though sad it may be.

I'm also gonna ask that since Neon Genesis Evangelion has gotten a run on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim i'm wondering if in the near future that maybe it'll get a run on YTV or Bionix?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quote
Next week, .hack//SIGN episode 1 is scheduled to repeat, but things could change in November. I'm personally hoping they'll start airing .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

IchigoK90 wrote:
Oh i've heard that that might be because YTV has or is still having a feud with FUNimation if i'm correct right? And so saying that Fullmetal Alchemist was licensed by FUNimation correct?

Yep.

IchigoK90 wrote:
Which means zero chance of it ever showing Crying or Very sad . Thanks for the clearification though sad it may be.

Not necessarily. YTV could cave... and I still condone bugging Teletoon about airing the series. I recommend calling their toll-free number at 1-888-884-8666.

IchigoK90 wrote:
I'm also gonna ask that since Neon Genesis Evangelion has gotten a run on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim i'm wondering if in the near future that maybe it'll get a run on YTV or Bionix?

Well, apparently AS had to do a lot of begging to have ADV give them the rights to the series (as AS reps mentioned at a panel at AWA, I believe), so it's not likely that YTV will be able to get it. I'm not sure if I'd like them airing it though... they won't even air GitS uncut at midnight despite not being tied down by the same regulations CN is, so there wouldn't be much hope for Eva.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm also wondering if maybe Vision Of Escaflowne might get another shot on YTV. From what I remember the last time they aired an episode was on their anime mania thingy around new years eve and such about 2-3 years ago. Before that the last episode I remember them airing was a like 2 or 3 episodes after spoiler[Van's brother kills the emperor and then his feathers turned black].

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Ehh, I guess they could, but it would sort of be a waste of time and resources, given how many new shows there are out there that they really should be airing. Right now I think their priority should be getting Gundam SEED Destiny on the air. The English dub is already airing in Singapore, so I don't know what YTV is waiting for.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Ehh, I guess they could, but it would sort of be a waste of time and resources, given how many new shows there are out there that they really should be airing. Right now I think their priority should be getting Gundam SEED Destiny on the air. The English dub is already airing in Singapore, so I don't know what YTV is waiting for.

WTF? Why does Singapore get if first? The US should have it. I didn't even know Singapore cared about anime! WTF, Bandai?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Considering that Gundam SEED is now airing at 5am on CN, I don't think the US is ever going to get it on television.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh if people don't mind what would they think for what anime titles that could be brought up hear in Canada? I seriously hope YTV can get more anime. This year is a huge improvement over last year and it only seems like more anime will be brought in to Canada.

Here is what has been brought up to Canada, this year compared to last year. BTW I'm saying the ones that have been brought up. i'm not saying they were all good.

2005-2006 anime that have been shown:

.hack//SIGN
    .hack//SIGN: Intermezzo
    Battle B'Damon
    D.I.C.E
    Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Inuyasha season 4
    Inuyasha: Castle Beyond The Looking Glass
    Mew Mew Power
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Pokemon: Advance Battle
    Pokemon: Chronicles
    Shaman King
    Sonic X
    Transformers: Cybertron
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    Zatch Bell

All of these titles with the exceptions of .hack//SIGN, Inuyasha season 4 and One Piece debuted fall 2005

Ok that was this year's schedule, now for last years: 2004-2005:

Beyblade G Revolution
    Dragonball
    Dragonball GT
    Inuyasha season 3
    Inuyasha: Affections Touching Across Time
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    Pokemon: Advance Generation
    Transformers: Energon
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Yu-Gi-Oh! season 4

All of these titles debuted fall 2004 with maybe the exception of Inuyasha season four.

Anyways you can see a huge difference between the two years. Hopefully this trend will continue to increase.

This is just a list of previous anime that have been shown on YTV:

Digimon: Digital Monsters
    Digimon: 02
    Digimon: Frontier
    Digimon: Tamers
    Dragonball Z
    Hello Kitty
    Inuyasha seasons 1 and 2
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    Pokemon
    Vision Of Escaflowne

I can't remember much more but this is a somewhat accurate total of the number of anime that have been shown on YTV since before 2002-2003

If anyone could point out any anime that I have forgotten than that'd be "swell".

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90[/list]
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
On the contrary, I thought YTV was doing a lot better last year. With acquisitions like Gundam SEED, Witch Hunter Robin, .hack//SIGN and a great schedule, they were on fire. However, this year the only two acquisitions they actually made for the Bionix were two shows that absolutely should not be on the block. Ghost in the Shell, an adult show that shouldn't even be airing on YTV in the first place, and Naruto, which despite having a few more pointed objects than we're used to seeing in kid's shows, is still a watered down Toonami program that should be running earlier in the night.

The other kiddy shows outside of Bionix, I don't really care about. Quality > Quantity, and I'm seeing very little quality from YTV's new schedule this year.

As for what I think YTV should look into getting before the end of the year:

- Gundam SEED Destiny (to replace SEED on Fridays)
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (to replace SIGN on Fridays)
- Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam (to air late on weeknights)

Shows that would fit well on YTV sometime in the near future:

- DN Angel
- Getbackers
- Evangelion (if aired at midnight, although we'd be guaranteed never to see the movie...)
- X TV

Shows that would be nice if they weren't owned by FUNimation:

- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Fruits Basket
- Detective Conan (on weeknights)

Ichigo, I don't suppose you've checked out my website?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Though your suggestions are good I don't think Mobile Suit Gundam or Zeta Gundam will ever get an airing unless some miracle happens. In my opinion I just think the art style is too old and my turn off more of the newer fans who have grown more used to the art style seen in Wing and SEED. I'd love to see GetBackers getting and DN Angel get a run on Bionix.

What I did mean to say in my last post is that the quantity has risen............not the quality. I'm still wondering why Cowboy Bebop hasn't been brought up here though. Do you think they could also bring up Outlaw Star?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Don't underestimate the popularity of Gundam in Canada. Of course they wouldn't be successful in a primetime slot like Gundam SEED has, but I think they would find an audience if aired on weeknights at around 11:30pm. The mistake that CN made was trying to hype it as "the next big show", but if YTV avoids that and takes advantage of the popularity that Gundam has currently amassed, they could wind up doing well.

Maybe they could even air it back-to-back with Ranma 1/2? By tying the older shows to current hit properties like Inuyasha and Gundam SEED, I really think that they could sell an "old school anime" hour late on weeknights if they went for it.

As for Cowboy Bebop, SPACE tried to get it years ago, but couldn't because someone was sitting on the rights. They're not interested now. Plus I don't think the show would be appropriate for YTV at all.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Well heres this for an idea. What if YTV could launch a teen orientated channel much like how Tree House was launched for little kids/pre-schoolers. If i'm not mistaken Tree House was part of YTV but then became a serperate channel.

EDIT:I'd also like to point out that Inuyasha: Sword Of World Destruction will probably air new years/march break or late august like what they did with the second movie.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
kk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Here is what has been brought up to Canada, this year compared to last year. BTW I'm saying the ones that have been brought up. i'm not saying they were all good.

2005-2006 anime that have been shown:

.hack//SIGN
    .hack//SIGN: Intermezzo
    Battle B'Damon
    D.I.C.E
    Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Inuyasha season 4
    Inuyasha: Castle Beyond The Looking Glass
    Mew Mew Power
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Pokemon: Advance Battle
    Pokemon: Chronicles
    Shaman King
    Sonic X
    Transformers: Cybertron
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    Zatch Bell

All of these titles with the exceptions of .hack//SIGN, Inuyasha season 4 and One Piece debuted fall 2005

Ok that was this year's schedule, now for last years: 2004-2005:

Beyblade G Revolution
    Dragonball
    Dragonball GT
    Inuyasha season 3
    Inuyasha: Affections Touching Across Time
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    Pokemon: Advance Generation
    Transformers: Energon
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Yu-Gi-Oh! season 4

All of these titles debuted fall 2004 with maybe the exception of Inuyasha season four.

Anyways you can see a huge difference between the two years. Hopefully this trend will continue to increase.

This is just a list of previous anime that have been shown on YTV:

Digimon: Digital Monsters
    Digimon: 02
    Digimon: Frontier
    Digimon: Tamers
    Dragonball Z
    Hello Kitty
    Inuyasha seasons 1 and 2
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
    Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
    Pokemon
    Vision Of Escaflowne

I can't remember much more but this is a somewhat accurate total of the number of anime that have been shown on YTV since before 2002-2003

If anyone could point out any anime that I have forgotten than that'd be "swell".

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90[/list]

I believe that YTV also used to show Samurai Pizza Cats a long time ago and they just aired .hack//Unison last night. Some other titles they've aired were Astro Boy 2000(I think that's the title), a couple of Sailor Moon series and movies, Power Stone and Monster Rancher. I believe these titles were shown around 1-3 years ago, with the exception of Samurai Pizza Cats, Sailor Moon and Monster Rancher, but my memory's a bit fuzzy.

The anime I'd like to see on YTV would be Wolf's Rain. It seems really interesting and from what I've heard the story seems quite deep and I like animes that play with your mind and have deep stories. The idea of wolves becoming humans that doesn't have the Transformers feel to it seems unique.
Efan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quote
I think that Ninja Scroll once or twice al long time ago, and also cyber six as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2