• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu Yu Hakusho back on CartoonNetwork

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote
I was just checking the CN schedule and I noticed that Yu Yu Hakusho is back on at 5;30 AM Friday night / Saturday morning right after Gundam Seed. I thought I would mention this since there was a thread about this subject a couple of months ago.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Whoopee. Now we can all stay up late on Friday night (or wake up early on Saturday morning) to watch edited YYH reruns.
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Ummm, where did you get this info from? Yu Yu Hakusho isn't returning to Cartoon Network anytime soon, and I don't think it ever will (the cut version anyway)
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
I just checked this out on CN's schedule. Wow, I never thought I'd see this day. Too bad it's really early in the mornings; for me about 6:30 on a Saturday morning...I don't think I can manage. I wonder what episode they're going to start with. Hmmm, I willing to bet it's going to be the first episode.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:35 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Shonen Bat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
RoseWhip wrote:
Ummm, where did you get this info from? Yu Yu Hakusho isn't returning to Cartoon Network anytime soon, and I don't think it ever will (the cut version anyway)

Actually I don't think Yuyu Hakusho will be returning at all. Sorry man but you musta been really tired if you saw that it was gonna be on at 5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
The schedule indeed says Friday Oct. 21 4:30 am. However it also says FLCL is on at 11pm so it's obviously messed up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know why they just stopped airing episodes towards the end of the Chapter Black arc? It couldn't have been the ratings, since I thought it was doing pretty good. Plus, it was the most interesting story yet, and from anime fans I was talking to at my school, many people were watching it.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote
It is beneath Cartoon Network to give a reason as to why they take something off the air.
emory

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
The schedule indeed says Friday Oct. 21 4:30 am. However it also says FLCL is on at 11pm so it's obviously messed up.

If you're in the central time zone, that's totally accurate.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

FLCL isn't on Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Does anyone know why they just stopped airing episodes towards the end of the Chapter Black arc?

I had thought it was something to do with letting the DVDs get further ahead of it like they did with the Dark Tournament arc before it.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
emory wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

FLCL isn't on Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The CN schedule doesn't say FLCL is on Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/xmlServices/ScheduleServices?methodName=mainSchedule
silverwings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Does anyone know why they just stopped airing episodes towards the end of the Chapter Black arc? It couldn't have been the ratings, since I thought it was doing pretty good. Plus, it was the most interesting story yet, and from anime fans I was talking to at my school, many people were watching it.

It actually was due to low ratings. It wasn't pulling in the numbers it was expected to. Be glad that it's coming back on TV at all.

I don't see the point now, anyways, as all of the DVDs are out and they're one boxset away from being done with the series entirely. 5:30am EST isn't going to get you new fans..
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Where do you people see Yu Yu Hakusho returning? I checked CN's schedule and it definitely is not playing anymore, nor will it for a long time. Maybe we should go to Answerman for this... Oh, and the reason they stopped airing it was because of Yusuke's death. CN can't show main characters death. Didn't anyone else notice the exact episode it stopped airing? Just before Yusuke's death.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2