• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super-fast fighting sequences anime? :|

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some anime that has spe up/slowed down fighting sequences. Sorta like in Jubei-chan or FF Advent Children. Thanks in advance Smile
-edo
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Saint Seiya has some really elaborate fight scenes. Not in the DBZ style but, more super powers and stuff like that. It's really good. I'll second Yu Yu Hakusho as well. Koujiroh of Fuuma has some pretty cool fight scenes as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I'd definitely say both Cowboy Bebop the TV and movie are worth looking at. The action scenes are really amazing, with clean animation and art. My favorite (well, one of 'em anyway) fight scene takes place during the last episode, where Spike and Vicious are having their go. The scene between Electra and Spike in the movie during their first encounter was also well done, although there are countless more scenes in the series. I would also recommend the R.O.D. OVA, in which I just love the animation. (The motions are very fluid) During the scene on Agent Paper's paper airplane, the animation isn't just clean and fluid, it also gives a good sense of the strong wind rushing past. The scenes with Nancy in action, including her encounter with the other Nancy, are equally well done. I must admit, Agent Paper's fighting style is very interesting in the way that she uses paper in smooth moves, though she's a bit clumcy at times. The music and plot are also very good, so the show is worth buying. Jeez, now I've gotten the urge to watch it again.
FF: Last Order isn't released in region one, although I guess since you've seen Advent Children, you can import or something.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90, please read this, this, and this. I could've sworn I warned you about this at least twice already.

-N

Last edited by IchigoK90 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
With Inu-Yasha, the second movie is really good, with two main fight scenes, one at the beginning, and the other at the end. It was definitely a better movie than the first, although I haven't seen the third movie yet. I don't recommend the TV, because I think it's a bit bland after a few episodes; I like my fight scenes with a bit more substance to them.
Oh, and the Escaflowne movie really could have been better. It's best to go for something else first.
DVDaholic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I suggested "Tsukikage Ran" because the swordsplay and martial arts scenes are usually fast, but someone has deleted my post.

Would the person who deleted my post care to tell my why the post was deleted??
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Hunter X Hunter and Hellsing... amazing action and slow motion every once in a while . have fun Evil or Very Mad
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
For an anime movie, I suggest Spriggan. It has some moments of just talking and understanding story than action than story again. And it does that through out the entire movie but I love the movie because of it. Also another suggesstion also an anime movie is Akira, same reason as Spriggan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh well sorry Nagisa, I realised that I should have put reasons behind them only after you removed my first post in this thread. I'll add more reasons to them next time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1