• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
is there a 4th and 5th season of fmp??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mei_anime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
is there a 4th and 5th season of fmp?? Question Question
Insane E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The second one is not over yet Wink
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Insane E wrote:
The second one is not over yet Wink

Actually, it's the 3rd incarnation that is being currently released. No, there is not a 4th and 5th season as of yet, but I'm fairly certain that there will be some time in the near future.
Insane E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
well I was told in some thread by someone that Fumoffu was just a intermission-type-thing and not really season 2 Smile
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Insane E wrote:
well I was told in some thread by someone that Fumoffu was just a intermission-type-thing and not really season 2 Smile

In so much that it is actually a continuation of the events of the first season, no it is not. It actually occurs inbetween episodes of the first season. However, it is literally the second season (or rather incarnation, since all 3 series are actually different shows).
Kyle Smyth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Fumoffu follows the manga a little more closely than the anime does. Such as it shows such characters as student body president Hyashimizu, who did not appear in the first season of the anime.
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Insane E wrote:

In so much that it is actually a continuation of the events of the first season, no it is not. It actually occurs inbetween episodes of the first season. However, it is literally the second season (or rather incarnation, since all 3 series are actually different shows).

Actually, I don't think it's strictly limited to events in between episodes of the first season. They just kind of picked and chose side stories from the novels.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Kazuki-san wrote:
Insane E wrote:

Actually, I don't think it's strictly limited to events in between episodes of the first season. They just kind of picked and chose side stories from the novels.

I'm under the impression that it occurs after the first season. Kaname clearly knows Tessa pretty well, and the ship is under repairs, probably from the events in the last episode of the first season.

Also, The Second Raid refers to events in Fumoffu several times, so I'm under the impression that all of the anime occurs in a single universe and are not separate incarnations.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Also, The Second Raid refers to events in Fumoffu several times, so I'm under the impression that all of the anime occurs in a single universe and are not separate incarnations.

I'm not saying they are different universes, however, they are not seasons in the traditional sense.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
one3rd wrote:
Kazuki-san wrote:
Insane E wrote:

I'm under the impression that it occurs after the first season. Kaname clearly knows Tessa pretty well, and the ship is under repairs, probably from the events in the last episode of the first season.

As far as the novels go, the "Tessa goes to Jindai" incident happens even after TSR. But, I would assume that they would try to make some sort of continuity for the sake of the anime viewers. But, yes, it's all one universe. Well, except for "Cinderella Panic!" which will probably never be animated.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
The main characters are all a year older in Fumoffu and refer to events in the first series (in particular I remember Kaname recognizing Mardukas from the De Danaan) so, yes Fumoffu is set after the first series and yes, it in the same continuity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
The main characters are all a year older in Fumoffu and refer to events in the first series (in particular I remember Kaname recognizing Mardukas from the De Danaan) so, yes Fumoffu is set after the first series and yes, it in the same continuity.

I wonder why everyone keeps saying this. If you read the manga, then you see that the events of Fumoffu occur in-between eps of the first "season."
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

A year older? In the novel that TSR is based on, they said it had been something like six months since everything started.

Kazuki-san wrote:
I wonder why everyone keeps saying this. If you read the manga, then you see that the events of Fumoffu occur in-between eps of the first "season."

The anime and manga are both based on the novels. The anime is not based on the manga.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

The anime and manga are both based on the novels. The anime is not based on the manga.

Quite right. My hand did not write what my mind wanted it to. In any case, FMP is based off the novels, while Fumoffu is based on the shorts. If you notice the order of release of novels and shorts, my point still stands.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I realized after I wrote it that I should have said they were a year higher in school, rather than being a year older. Fumoffu takes bits of the manga that were missed out of the original series (e.g. the first ep has the scene where Sousuke blows up the shoe locker from the beginning of the manga), but is still set after the first TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2