• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Banner of the Stars 3 question..

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ansuz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote
So I have exhausted every possible venue I know of to get some info on this series.. I have a couple questions.

Now before I ask keep in mind I first checked the encyclopedia and did a search for threads already on the forum to get an answer before posting this. Both turned up nothing. I also used another anime board I am a member of to try and get an answer as well..

Question 1 - Has the third Banner of the Stars been licenced?

1.5 - (if yes) Who has it and does the american company have a release date? (if no) question cant be asked due to policy about requesting downloads...

2 - Has anyone seen it?

3 - Just to clarify, how many episodes will it be?

Im not sure if anyone can give me an answer but its worth a shot. COTS/BOTS is one of my favorite series and I have been wanting more info on its 4th installment.
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I don't rightly know, but I think I heard that the OAV will ship in 2 volumes. Each volume having 1 hour and 30 minutes of play time totalling at 3 hours.

I'm not too sure about the 3 hours bit, I am reasonably sure however that it's going to be in 2 volumes and not more.
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Iemander"]
Quote:

I don't rightly know, but I think I heard that the OAV will ship in 2 volumes. Each volume having 1 hour and 30 minutes of play time totalling at 3 hours.

I'm not too sure about the 3 hours bit, I am reasonably sure however that it's going to be in 2 volumes and not more.[

What's OAV if you can explain find a web so I can see A picture of it.
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:

Translation:

What is an OAV, could you explain it? And could you get a picture for me so I can see?

Answer:

The answer is very simple, OAV don't get aired on TV but get a direct DVD release.

In simple terms,
OAV: Only DVD, never TV.

TV: DVD and also TV.
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
metal goku wrote:

Translation:

What is an OAV, could you explain it? And could you get a picture for me so I can see?

Answer:

The answer is very simple, OAV don't get aired on TV but get a direct DVD release.

In simple terms,

TV: DVD and also TV.

Ok thank's but what's only gonna be shipping on dvd?
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
metal goku wrote:

metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
metal goku wrote:

OK thank's alot.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:

Not quite true.

OAVs do often end up on TV after their initial video release. The terms (OAV/TV/Movie/ONA/etc...) refer to how the property is first released, and what the producers had in mind when creating it.

In order to keep things straight, we define titles by their initial method of release, but its important that sometimes a property that is released to video first was initial produced with the goal of airing on TV and produced with TV guidelines and budget in mind.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php - look up OAV for more details.

-t
metal goku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Iemander wrote:

Not quite true.

OAVs do often end up on TV after their initial video release. The terms (OAV/TV/Movie/ONA/etc...) refer to how the property is first released, and what the producers had in mind when creating it.

In order to keep things straight, we define titles by their initial method of release, but its important that sometimes a property that is released to video first was initial produced with the goal of airing on TV and produced with TV guidelines and budget in mind.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php - look up OAV for more details.

-t

Ok thank's tempest know im clear
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
http://www.abhnation.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=154
I found a faq's page and it says that they are going to release Banner of the stars 3 in Japan in 2006. As far as I can tell this is talking about the tv series not the Oav's that are out now or soon. I hope this helps I also can not wait for the third installment of the tv series.

Ps. look at faq # 13 Wink
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Ansuz wrote:
So I have exhausted every possible venue I know of to get some info on this series.. I have a couple questions.

Now before I ask keep in mind I first checked the encyclopedia and did a search for threads already on the forum to get an answer before posting this. Both turned up nothing. I also used another anime board I am a member of to try and get an answer as well..

Question 1 - Has the third Banner of the Stars been licenced?

1.5 - (if yes) Who has it and does the american company have a release date? (if no) question can't be asked due to policy about requesting downloads...

2 - Has anyone seen it?

Im not sure if anyone can give me an answer but its worth a shot. COTS/BOTS is one of my favorite series and I have been wanting more info on its 4th installment.

1. No it remains unliscensed but since Bandai has picked up all others in the Crest/Banner of the Stars series it's a safe bet they'll get this one too.

2. Yes, it's really good and I'd recomend it if you are a fan of the other series.

3. It's a two episode OVA that runs at 54 minutes 59 seconds, and is currently complete and available for download if you know where to look.
Ansuz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks Kruszer. Thats the info I was looking for.

I was betting that bandai would pick it up but wasnt sure if they had and I just cant find a press release for it.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
This is what Kruszer said 1. No it remains unliscensed but since Bandai has picked up all others in the Crest/Banner of the Stars series it's a safe bet they'll get this one too.[/quote]

But now after the merger with Bandai and Namco, who knows it's possible they might not pick up on the series.But if the sells to Crest/Banner of the stars I'm sure the new company will pick up on it. Hopefully they will I find Banner of the Stars to have a nice story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese Banner 3 has an audio commentary track which I hope will be on the Region 1 release. There is a gorgeous Region 2 box set which includes the rest of the series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But now after the merger with Bandai and Namco, who knows it's possible they might not pick up on the series.But if the sells to Crest/Banner of the stars I'm sure the new company will pick up on it. Hopefully they will I find Banner of the Stars to have a nice story.

By the article it kind of sounds to me like the changes if any will come to Bandai's Toy and game lines mostly. They do say something about Bandai's franchises such as Gundam so they might keep going with that and the COTS/BOTS franchise as well. It also mentions they want to expand their forign (outside of Japan) revenue which may mean more liscenses, so this could be pretty good news for us anime fans. We'll just have to see I guess. *crosses fingers*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1