• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
career in anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krono DBR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Hey, who out there works with an anime production company. If so what do you do, and how did you get there. Very Happy thanks
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Mind telling us what career in anime you specifically are interested in? Like is it animation? Or anything else?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Mind telling us what career in anime you specifically are interested in?

I'm going to guess that "anime production" is about as deep into the thought process as this person has gone. I'm going to also guess that this is one of those "I have a super cool idea that I want to have turned into an anime! Where do I start?" topics.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
It could always be someone who wants to become a voice actor because he/she thinks they can do a better job than the current ones.
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Krono DBR wrote:
Hey, who out there works with an anime production company. If so what do you do, and how did you get there. Very Happy thanks

If you don't know how to get there, than being in the anime biz isn't for you.
MonkeyFunk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:57 am Reply with quote
If you want to go into animation, you should start off with lower sights than Japan. Ever thought about the National Film Board of Canada?
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the necessity of such hostility towards someone asking a rather simple question. I didn't know wanting a career in anime was such a bad thing if one didn't know how to get around to doing it.

Decide a specific path you want to go (CG, drawing, seiyuu, directing, producing, etc etc) and go to school. I'd say a college degree would be better than nothing.
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
I don't see the necessity of such hostility towards someone asking a rather simple question. I didn't know wanting a career in anime was such a bad thing if one didn't know how to get around to doing it.

Decide a specific path you want to go (CG, drawing, seiyuu, directing, producing, etc etc) and go to school. I'd say a college degree would be better than nothing.

How is it simple when the question require a complicated anwer? You say go to college and get a degree, but i'm sure everyone that is serious already know that? The original poster never mention what he was intend to do anyways and why would he go to a forum and ask for help with such a vague question. How many people on this board really know how to get into the anime business? If us anime studio put up job offer, then just apply for them, assuming you have the right skills.

It is well known that gamers want to create their own game because they have an idea while playing their favorite game. Anime fans want to create their own anime too. People think it's so simple just because they have an idea, but it's not. If they want work in the production of an anime, they better move to japan or korea (where they do a lot of anime animation nowadays) and learn to speak their language because creating anime is a team effort. There's more to it though.

As for beig a VA, translator, marketer, or anything else related in bringing anime outside of japan require a degree in the those field and kowning people in the biz. It's logical, and anybody with good reasoning skills probably already know this.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
hagakure|returns wrote:
If you don't know how to get there, than being in the anime biz isn't for you.
chill, man, you gotta start somewhere
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1