• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass - Anime Legends set delayed again?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlazingBaron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:29 am Reply with quote
My pre-order for the code geass anime legends boxset hasn't shipped yet. It's seems a lot of people are having this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am Reply with quote
BlazingBaron wrote:
My pre-order for the code geass anime legends boxset hasn't shipped yet. It's seems a lot of people are having this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this?

Most likely Bandai simply didn't get enough DVDs for those that ordered it. I ordered Gurren Lagann the week it came out and a month later it finally shipped. For part 2 of Gundam Seed it took 2 months for Bandai to get the DVDs to Rightstuf.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, scheduled release dates not corresponding to actual release dates has long been a common problem in anime DVD/BR releases. This has improved in recent years (partly because Funimation, which has traditionally been the most reliable company about putting titles out on time, has a greatly increased market share), but it used to happen all the time.

I checked a couple of major online retailers and they're both listing uncertain time frames about its availability. That means you'll just have to keep checking in with your retailer each week, as the delay time is uncertain.

EDIT: And after seeing Charred Knight's post, I will add that Bandai has traditionally been one of the two biggest offenders when it comes to missed release dates. (Media Blasters is the other.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlazingBaron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I have been way to spoiled by funimation. It's to bad too. I haven't seen Code Guess yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1