• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doubt!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
It's by Kaneyoshi Izumi, is it any good???
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I read the the summary in the encyclopedia and it seems really good... but I've never seen it in any of the bookstores I've been too...It kind of reminds me of the small mini extra chapter, 'Makeover', in Volume 2 of Girl Got Game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
odango

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
It's good.

I like it cause it's different from other shoujo mangas. It's not overly romantic, just a right dose of comedy and romance.

It's also very realistic (compared to Hana Yori Dango, Hot Gimmick or Happy Hustle High) It doesn't have that "soap opera" feeling you know ^^.

The heroine does more than just wait around for the guy to save her, she's assertive and even scary.

I find it hard to describe... cause it's different (like I already said).
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I read a the preview in VIZ's Manga Preview 4, and it failed to catch my eye. The art is good and all, but not really exceptional. I also didn't think the plot had that much to offer, since I read a few more shoujo manga previews that also failed to differ from one another. The main character at least can do something for herself, like odango said. I prefer it when the female characters can kick some butt, unlike in Inu-Yasha...
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm somewhat interested in this, as I've heard good things about it. Right now I'm not in the mood for a trashy comedy and have other things I need to catch up on, but I'll consider giving it a shot in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1