• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chrno Crusade? Possible spoilers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazysaintboi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I know you guys may think this is a really dumb question, but for those of you who watched the series, can you tell in Chrno Crusade, at the endspoiler[when rossette and chrno died did it say anything about chrno going to heaven with rossete, please if you know anything post.]
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Chrono, being a "devil," would not be a likely candidate for such a fate.
shako

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
well i think they would make an exception considering all that chrono has done and that he's not your run of the mill devil and considering who rosette is she could probly pull some strings Very Happy
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I've been meaning to post this question for some time now how didspoiler[crono die any way?]

that really confused me! Confused
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:
I've been meaning to post this question for some time now how didspoiler[crono die any way?]

Yes well that wasspoiler[ "bound" to happen since Chrono is bound to rosetta by the clock that she wears around her neck, when the clock as drained her of her energy then in theory he will also pass on.]

Btw the way for those who have finished this series spoiler[what did you think of ending with the "devil" coming back to life and killing the pope or what I though was the pope. Sorta strange huh?]
Till next time,
Delta Kiral
animan09

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
That was a pretty wierd way to end the series but maybe they will make a new season with Remington as the main character.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Sousuke Segari wrote:

Yes well that wasspoiler[ "bound" to happen since Chrono is bound to rosetta by the clock that she wears around her neck, when the clock as drained her of her energy then in theory he will also pass on.]

Btw the way for those who have finished this series spoiler[what did you think of ending with the "devil" coming back to life and killing the pope or what I though was the pope. Sorta strange huh?]
Till next time,
Delta Kiral

spoiler[he didn't kill him, and it was an attempted assasination, and this event did happen in real life. my guess is he set the events into action]

while most people hate it, i actually loved the ending. it was definitely different from what i was expecting to happen.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:13 am Reply with quote
My interpretation of Chrno's actions was that spoiler[he chose to follow Rosette in death, because he didn't want to go on without her after she had made such sacrifices for him.]
Iemander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:12 am Reply with quote
I hate it when a series loses its focus, the entire goal of the journey was to find Josh and reunite the sister with her brother, nobody seemed to give a damn anymore at the end (Not even a "visiting the grave" thing). Just like Last Exile, Chrno Crusade suffers from a quite horrible loss of focus which makes the whole thing feel incredibly incomplete.

One of the worst endings I've seen thus far.

At least the romance was reasonably well paced and stable.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote
Could you be more clear about how you think the focus got derailed? I'm pretty sure I disagree with you, but I'd like to know more specifically what you mean.
Iemander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Could you be more clear about how you think the focus got derailed? I'm pretty sure I disagree with you, but I'd like to know more specifically what you mean.

A good story always has a beginning, an ending and a journey to that ending. The story begins with Chrono and Rosette searching for Rosette's brother, the journey is them seeking Josh and the ending has nothing to do with any of that.

Defeating Aion wasn't necessairy because he planned mass destruction, but because he took Rosette's brother. That was the storyline, and that went missing.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Actually I find a series that follows that type of strict formula to be dull and predictable and that's something I thought Chrono Crusade did right. Joshua was more a catalyst, and really it was all part of Aion's plans, it was a good layout if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
one3rd wrote:

A good story always has a beginning, an ending and a journey to that ending. The story begins with Chrono and Rosette searching for Rosette's brother, the journey is them seeking Josh and the ending has nothing to do with any of that.

Defeating Aion wasn't necessairy because he planned mass destruction, but because he took Rosette's brother. That was the storyline, and that went missing.

It seems like you don't like the ending because it didn't have the happy Rosette and Joshua finally re-united ending. They did spoiler[rescue Joshua], but maybe just not in the way that you would have expected. Am I wrong? Please correct me if I am. And perhaps, for Rosette, defeating Aion was only necessary to get Joshua back. However, Rosette's motives and actions aren't the only ones at work. As far as most others were concerned, including The Order and the other devils, Aion needed to be defeated just to maintain order in the world. Certainly, Rosette's journey drove the story, but that wasn't the only thing going on. I wouldn't say that there was a lack of focus just because different people had different reasons for accomplishing the same task.
Iemander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

It seems like you don't like the ending because it didn't have the happy Rosette and Joshua finally re-united ending. They did spoiler[rescue Joshua], but maybe just not in the way that you would have expected. Am I wrong? Please correct me if I am. And perhaps, for Rosette, defeating Aion was only necessary to get Joshua back. However, Rosette's motives and actions aren't the only ones at work. As far as most others were concerned, including The Order and the other devils, Aion needed to be defeated just to maintain order in the world. Certainly, Rosette's journey drove the story, but that wasn't the only thing going on. I wouldn't say that there was a lack of focus just because different people had different reasons for accomplishing the same task.

Those are subplots and shouldn't be that relevant to the main storyline.

Anyhow, I'm very okay with sad endings, I didn't want to see a happy reunion thing really. But I did want to see... like, you know, SOMETHING.

spoiler[And next to that, no one really rescued Joshua. Fact is, no one really cares for Joshua Laughing. His role in the end was "side trash" to be discarded by practically everyone.]
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
one3rd wrote:

A good example of an anime that stays on task with it's journey is Scrapped Princess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2