• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Has a dream ever brought you a good Idea?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
There is no World

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, recently I had a pretty weird dream, in wich, a freind and I went to Tokyo. This might not have been to weird if it weren't all in anime. Yes, thats right, I drempt it all in anime. So, recently I have started writing a skript for an anime I thought would be pretty cool (Its roughly based on my dream). Now, I have to say, some would dissagree and call me a retard. Thats cool, I still think its a good Idea.

So how about you? Ever gotten a good anime related Idea from a dream? From another wacky avenue?
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow . . . Shocked

Can I have some of what you eat before you sleep? Because I need some, really!

I've had dreams where monsters and creatures from anime-based games came after me, but not where I was an anime character. Even in my dreams, I can't put black people in anime Rolling Eyes.
There is no World

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Weeeeeell....... I guess I could share my secret... Eat a tofu burrito before you go to sleep, then in the middle of the night, chug a whole gallon of two day old milk. As for the race issue... Try watching Blue Sub 6..... It has black people...

But seriously, who didn't ever get a genius idea from a dream? Even if it wasn't anime related.
Efan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I got an idea for an anime from a dream, it was similar to Bleach (because i watched bleach before i went to sleep) but i remeber it looked alot cooler. I didn't right it down or anything i just remeber what it looked like, if i ver get into the anime buisness I'll try to make a story line out of it Wink .
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Sure i've got good ideas from dreams but most of the time its because i'm half asleep so thats why i can still remember them really vividly. I've come up with two pretty good ideas in my opinion. One deals with teen life and how bad it could really be and my other idea deals with humans exploring space and then discovering other humans and find out they were cast out on earth because they were flawed and then big war.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah... there was this time when I had the most amazing dream. Because that dream occured when I was visiting Kyoto with some friends, I didn't have any pen or paper that I could write it down with, so most of it faded away. I just remember a few details. It kinda had the format of an anime/sentai show, with 5 characters each having their particular color. There was a feeling of great urgency, like "the time is near". When the time came, the world turned upside down and 2 characters died because they hadn't had enough time to prepare themselves for the Change. Really dramatic stuff. It all played out like a tightly scripted anime series, very unlike a dream.

But the one thing I remember above everything else, with crystal clear clarity, is that when I woke up, I knew that story was better than any book, movie or anime I had seen, read or heard. It was perfection. And it faded away. Maybe it only felt that powerful because it was a dream, but to me it really feels like I lost my own Xanadu. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
There is no World wrote:
Weeeeeell....... I guess I could share my secret... Eat a tofu burrito before you go to sleep, then in the middle of the night, chug a whole gallon of two day old milk. As for the race issue... Try watching Blue Sub 6..... It has black people...

But seriously, who didn't ever get a genius idea from a dream? Even if it wasn't anime related.

Tofu burrito . . . okay. Do I have to leave the milk OUT for two days? Because then I have to notify the hospital in advance. As for Blue Sub No.6 it was good, but "The Future of Anime?" (for its time) Guess the future wasn't too diverse Laughing. But seriously, the closest anime idea I've ever had has been done: I wanted an improvement though. It pertains to the .hack// games and making them more like real MMORPGs you see today.
Hawking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The only things my dreams bring me are homicidle pink bunnies...=(
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I never get ideas when I dream but when I try to sleep. When I try to go to sleep is when my brain works the hardest. I get the craziest ideas. Like my idea for a live action Sonic the Hedgehog Movie(currently in developement), a live action Final Fantasy t.v series starring John Cho, and a million and 1 other things that I am either currently writing or storing away until i learn the true way to write novels, and screenplays.
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
i would like to say that im ingenious enough have brilliant ideas while i sleep, but unforturnately my dreams are so convoluted and incoherent that i can hardly manage to decipher their meaning far less to actually create some feasible idea. My most memorable and perhaps most useful dream involved me sliding out of a refridgerator directly into a locker that contained a wall of televisions. Embarassed
TAKAVAR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:14 am Reply with quote
I personaly put most of my dreams / wierd thoughts / half sleep thoughts on paper.

I once dreamt about a very wierd multiyplayer game that included players with hige wings and spears that had to do something with a golden spear and a huge fountain of what looked like red liquid.
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:50 am Reply with quote
Mitsuhide A. wrote:
My most memorable and perhaps most useful dream involved me sliding out of a refridgerator directly into a locker that contained a wall of televisions. Embarassed

Maybe you shouldn't eat and watch t.v before you go to sleep anymore Confused .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1