• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Viewing Habits!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cckid716

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Do you guys prefer watching multiple anime series at a time, like watch 1 episode of several different series a week, or do you like to watch one series all the way through, then go to the next one. I'm not talking about the new anime that haven't been finished yet. Question
dj rub

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I definately dedicate myself to one series at a time to fully take it in, and then move on to something else. Like reading multiple books at a time, I think some of the pacing may be lost when you do this.
Iemander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I watch an entire series before moving on, perhaps 2 series at a time but never more than that. In fact, I find it hard to believe that you're not anxious to what's up ahead unless the episodes you watched weren't interesting.
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Usualy I watch a series one at a time, however once I have seen them enough time's. I switch to veiwing them one ep at time . It keeps thing's from becoming old. I have a couple show's that I can hardly watch any more, because I know the show to well. Watching one at a time help's that a little for me, because the details from the last ep are not as fresh as watching the show all at once.

edit
added one word

Last edited by Mugen1style on Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I am watching 5 shows right now about 1 epp a week. I prefer to watch an entire series in one sitting. I may go back and watch shows I have seen before but after iv seen them all in one sitting I never really do that more then once. I'll watch a cupple epps at a time maby my favorite epps.
smutchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Well for me I'm currently watching about more than 23 series at once. Haven't been overwhelmed yet and never will. And if you don't believe me here is what i'm watching: [...]

Well, just listing them is not a proof! Very Happy

I normally watch several anime at the same time, often 5 or more, but when I really get to love one I finish it before returning to the others...
Of course if you count all the anime I started watching at some time in my life and haven't finished yet, but probably will one day, then I guess I'm watching 23 series at once, too! Wink
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
At any given time I'm probably following 15-20 different series and sampling from numerous others. At least some of this has to do with the reviews I do for this site and Protoculture Addicts, while most of the rest of it has to do with the fact that I typically pick up a series as it comes out so I'm seeing 3-5 eps of it every two months. And yes, that does occasionally mean that I have to go back and review the previous volume to remember where the story is going into a new volume. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I prefer to watch one series all the way through to keep momentum, but that doesn't happen very often. I get most of my series under my belt from TV, and it's rare that I will actually buy a series. I'll do that only if I loved the series enough that I know I'll watch it again or it's something I've heavily researched enough to be reasonably sure I'll like it enough to rewatch and know will probably not air on the stations available to me.

Quite a few series eventually air in my area (New York) - it's just a matter of being patient enough to wait a few years for a significant number to run their course. It's mainly shoujo fans who basically have no choice but to buy if they want to see a series. The stations sadly show no signs of wanting to take a chance on those series - my guess is because they think the viewership will be too small because the guys won't tune in. Fans of action/adventure series, on the other hand, seem to have a pretty good chance of eventually seeing series they want to watch on cable/satellite.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Back when I had cable, I would watch multiple series at once, but no that I"m borrowing anime from people and buying my own, I watch one series at a time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I like to stick with one series that is on DVD and watch that all the way through. Rather than watching 5 or 6 episodes then switching to something else, cause most of the anime I have all have intriguing story lines that make me WANT to watch it to the end.

Although in terms of Naruto, Bleach and Monster; I will watch all the series at the same time because the episode release dates can vary.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I like to see one series at a time.that way i can enjoy that series for a while,then move on to the next series.
kk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:40 am Reply with quote
I usually watch whatever anime I can see on T.V. which usually ends up in watching mutiple, like 8 or 9, series at a time. Usually if I like the series, then I'll keep on watching it and get really into it, but if it's just a mediocre or bad anime, then I'll just tune in when I want to; it wouldn't matter to me if I missed a couple of episodes of it or not.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
I really enjoy watching multiple anime series at one time, I don't think I could wait for one series to finish so I could move on to another.
RedComet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:44 am Reply with quote
It doesn't matter how many series I watch at a time.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:05 am Reply with quote
I generally buy a series as it's being released and so usually have about 4 or 5 shows I'm watching at any given time. Usually though if the next volume is going to be released in the coming days I will put in a volume or two before it and watch them to get it fresh in my mind when I purchase and watch the next one. At some point, once I complete a series, I generally will watch it in its entirety over a few days from start to finish. After that sometimes I'll go back and watch a series from start to finish or I'll just watch some of my favorite episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2