• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Seed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iemander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
If anyone could list up some "I like it because" stuff it'd be well appreciated. I pretty much hated Gundam Wing when I was younger though, the political stuff just wasn't that well done and pales in comparison to titles like (the obvious) Twelve Kingdoms.

But anyway, after seeing The Second Raid, I'm in the mood again for something like it.

So if anyone can inform me decently on what makes Gundam Seed, it'd be appreciated.

Last edited by Iemander on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see wing either, but seed is in my top 5. If you watched the episodes week after week you have a high possibility of hating it. I like it because the Gundams are really cool, battles are great(they recycle lots of things), characters are really emotional, and the story is great. The series does have a downfall though. They recycle to much, story is confusing, and the 3-d ship battles are really lame.
Overall I would give GS a 9/10 or 9.5/10.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
If anyone could list up some "I like it because" stuff it'd be well appreciated. I pretty much hated Gundam Wing when I was younger though, the political stuff just wasn't that well done and pales in comparison to titles like (the obvious) Twelve Kingdoms.

But anyway, after seeing The Second Raid, I'm in the mood again for something like it.

So if anyone can inform me decently on what makes Gundam Wing, it'd be appreciated.

So...is this thread about Gundam SEED or Gundam Wing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I'll say it short... I like Gundam Wing because I don't like the idea of New Type and Seed Mode which enables the pilot to be super alert.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
I'll say it short... I like Gundam Wing because I don't like the idea of New Type and Seed Mode which enables the pilot to be super alert.

As opposed to a God-Moding computer? Personally, I found the magical deus ex machina mobile suit OS that somehow turns the pilot psychic to be harder to swallow than the innate abilities of a Kira or Char. Wing still had the clairvoyant magical powers, it's just that it took those out of the pilot's brain and inexplicably put them in the mobile suit, which just increased the difficulty to suspend disbelief (how, exactly, does Heero's brain jack into Wing Zero to use his magical Zero System powers again?).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Nagisa on this, the Zero System was esentially a machine that give the Wing pilots the abilities of a New Type by doing some sort of mind meld or something.

On the note of how the Zero system jacking into Heero's brain, how exactly do the pilots in Wing have "conversations" with their Gundams? Are they just hearing voices, or are they just high?
dgreater1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
That's why I like G-Wing because New Types and Seeds sounds like a product of evolution while in Wing, a Zero System is required (I'm just wondering what would happen if lots and lots of pilots have these ability). Anyway, I'll say Zero System is like a drug that puts your brain in a very alert mode like you're a paranoid or something.
Iemander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Iemander wrote:

So if anyone can inform me decently on what makes Gundam Wing, it'd be appreciated.

So...is this thread about Gundam SEED or Gundam Wing?

Dang, a typo in my last sentence, I meant to say Gundam Seed. Anyhow, that's one of the things I'm afraid of, there's alot of recycling? I was hoping it'd be less that what I saw in Wing. Overall, how does Seed compare to Full Metal Panic?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote
Gundam Seed feels like action of Gundam Wing. But the story has many similar things with that of the original Gundam series. Unfortunely it's doesn't really match that of the original series. But I did find this series very entertaining. So yea I would definetly give my recommendation to this series.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:15 am Reply with quote
From what I can tell you're basically asking about how much Stock Footage SEED has: and it has plenty. Arguably more than several other Gundam Series combined.

And about 70% of the Series is recycled plot.

dgreater1 wrote:
That's why I like G-Wing because New Types and Seeds sounds like a product of evolution while in Wing, a Zero System is required (I'm just wondering what would happen if lots and lots of pilots have these ability).

Newtypes are a product of evolution/mutation. That's the whole point.

And they actually become rarer and rarer as the UC progresses. Furthermore, a powerful Newtype will not necessarily become an ace pilot: look at Judau Ashta.
TF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quote
I like Seed because the main chara had emotions and doubts about what he was doing (ok, sometimes a bit too much emotions bt stil, better that than al those emotionless guys from wing).

Another good thing about it was the chara development and the lack of complicated ideas about peace and how to attain it Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1