• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Legal YuGiOh GX 4Kids preview

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 am Reply with quote
Watch it at http://www.yugioh.com/gx.php?type=video, if you dare...
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:38 am Reply with quote
Who'a man the music realy suck's just like those Tv's in the DTV comercials. I don't know, not to familar with the show I have seen some eps. but not enough to judge . Did I say the music realy suck's Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mugen1style on Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
The music to me was ok but stupid characters like theres a guy that looks like a clown.-_- Shocked Surprised
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Uhhhhh WOW.... ummm i dont even know where to begin.

First of all WTF WERE THEY THINKING?! they cant name a series Yu-Gi-Oh if yugi aint in it.

Secondly wow wtf is up with that gay music? it made me wanna bash my head against a wall like GEEZUS.

Thirdly it looks like its another anime for 5-8 year olds with a "We gotta try our hardest to win and be the best, blah blah blah" story line so umm no thanks.

Yep yu-gi-oh GX=not gunna work Very Happy
The Frankman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
First of all WTF WERE THEY THINKING?! they can't name a series Yu-Gi-Oh if yugi aint in it.

spoiler[He does make a cameo in the series,] but that's not a gynormous problem: Where is Tenchi in Tenchi GXP?

Quote:
Secondly wow wtf is up with that gay music? it made me wanna bash my head against a wall like GEEZUS.

It reminded me of "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte. Download it and you'll see what I mean. I have no problem with the song. Not great for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but ok.

Kyio wrote:
The music to me was ok but stupid characters like theres a guy that looks like a clown.-_- Shocked Surprised

It doesn't have the sharper edges the original show sported in an attempt to make the show more "kid-oriented", as in they're in-training to become great duelists. I guess 4Kids have never seen Naruto before (Hell, neither have I) Razz

Efan wrote:
Thirdly it looks like its another anime for 5-8 year olds with a "We gotta try our hardest to win and be the best, blah blah blah" story line so umm no thanks. Yep yu-gi-oh GX=not gunna work Very Happy

While it may not succeed I doubt that'll be the reason. Can it survive without Yugi and Co.? What about the villians, will they push the envelope? And will the new cards unveiled keep the older viewers (a.k.a ME) watching? AND WHY DO WE SEE MORE ANDROGYNOUS BAD GUYS? (see latest entry)
AffectedAnimeAddict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quote
All I'm wondering is why they would even show Yugioh GX when they haven't even finished with the last season of Yugioh....
It doesn't make sense
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
They changed the theme to a much suited one, also they preview the first episode too.

Check the link below and enjoy.

http://4kids.tv/promotions/backtoduel/content.php#
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:

Quote:

It reminded me of "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte. Download it and you'll see what I mean. I have no problem with the song. Not great for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX,

The reason I dislike the song , is the the " rock formula " that was aplied to it . It has 0 originality and the performance is at least un inspired. I think one of the biggest mistake's that a studio make's is the use of cheap no talent studio musicians. I am not saying that all studio musicians suck but alot do, and I doubt it's any different in Japan. Of course it's only my opinion. Smile
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
Saw the previews for this in Shonen Jump, and I honestly can say this will be absolute rubish. I think the target audience is probably under the age of 13 or 14, so it will be good for those kiddies... But as for the rest of us, hopefully we wont actually want to watch this because last time I checked, YuGiOh is about 260+ episodes and that's enough to keep me busy.
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:44 am Reply with quote
Good, now I can say I hate the GX dub.

Then again, I hate GX in general.

But I KNEW they'd cast Sean Schemmel as the evil teacher.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I saw the latest preview and . . . I don't know. The show now seems somewhat bland, but remember the first couple of eps. of Yu-Gi-Oh! Until the gang reached Duelist Kingdom and "Bug Boy" and Mai were introduced, didn't the show seem boring? I personally didn't even LIKE it until that point. So I'll wait a month, at least the LP counters are more realistic now.

Add-On: I think it's VERY funny I'm seeing people who hated Yu-Gi-Oh! comment on GX saying that the series has been ruined. Huh? What, that original all of a sudden is good?
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
First of all WTF WERE THEY THINKING?! they can't name a series Yu-Gi-Oh if yugi aint in it.

Yeah, um... Yugioh means King of Games. The name can do little to effect the show if it's a saga about being a gaming master, in which Yugi was.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Gah, the music sounds corny, as always. I have, personally, never even sat down through a whole 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-OH! .... but that's just because I hate 4kids. Honestly, I can say that it's kinda corny to make a whole new series with completely new characters without having the original in there that much. I would just end the show after the character(s) journey was done. (I don't know if it is, so sorry if I'm wrong, I'm just stating my opinion)

They probably made it just because the sells did so well. A~h, sounds like DBZ.
Laruto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
I saw the latest preview and . . . I don't know. The show now seems somewhat bland, but remember the first couple of eps. of Yu-Gi-Oh! Until the gang reached Duelist Kingdom and "Bug Boy" and Mai were introduced, didn't the show seem boring? I personally didn't even LIKE it until that point. So I'll wait a month, at least the LP counters are more realistic now.

Add-On: I think it's VERY funny I'm seeing people who hated Yu-Gi-Oh! comment on GX saying that the series has been ruined. Huh? What, that original all of a sudden is good?

I have to say that I also hated Yu-GI-Oh when it started but I began liking it when they reached the Ultimate Blue eyes white dragon three part saga, it gave the series such darkness and I was happy to see 4Kids left some of that in. that is when I began watching Yu-Gi-oh. NOw with GX I knowthe same is going to happen with it.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:58 am Reply with quote
It's a lot like duel masters, but worst so I'm guessing there is going to be as many good reviews as bad. Stuff like YuGiOh and Duel Masters are hate it or love it shows. I think they named the show YuGiOh GX because Yuuki, that kid with the brown dark hair, is a descendent of YuGiOh. The show is probably taking place 100 years after YuGiOh's death. In the show YuGiOh, they called him Yugi sometimes. Yuuki's real name is probably Yuukioh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2