• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are there going to be anymore Fruits Basket DVDs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering if ADV was ever going to come out with the 5th DVD of Fruits Basket!! Anime hyper I've been going crazy waiting for them just to come out with the next DVD!
Neutral They have been taking awhile...
So has anybody heard of another Fruits Basket DVD coming out? Or when its going to come out.

Oopsies, FUNimation not ADV sorry.

Last edited by Furuba_Girl on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
1. FUNimation releases Fruits Basket, not ADV.

2. If you watched the fourth DVD, you've seen the entire show.
mitora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, they might be taking a while because there is not a fith Fruits Basket dvd. The anime ended a while ago but the manga is still going.

Sorry, I wish they would continue the series too but the creators dont intend to anytime soon.
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation is trying to get them to create another season with that whole crane thing they're doing...
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I see, well thats kinda weird! They didn't even introduce the rooster or the horse in the anime Anime cry Oh well, atleast they're continuing the manga!
Thanks for the info guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Furuba_Girl wrote:
I see, well thats kinda weird! They didn't even introduce the rooster or the horse in the anime Anime cry Oh well, atleast they're continuing the manga!
Thanks for the info guys.

when the anime was made they hadn't gotten that far, that's why those characters never come up in the anime. just be glad they twisted the plotline to introduce all the characters they did, since in the manga several only showed up after the Kyo incident that the anime ended with.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Anime cry Yeah... kinda weird how they did that though. I do hope that they end up making a second season with the crane thing Mid-Boss was talking about..that would be awesome Anime smallmouth
Zork

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
Fruits Basket is definitely one of my most favorite animes.

If they don't create a new season of Fruits Basket, I wish the director would re-do and expand the last two dvds and create an episode 27 and/or 28. It just seemed to me that the ending seemed rushed, with both the Kyo and Akito plot lines ending in the same episode.

There are several things I would like to see expanded. Like...
Warning may contain spoilers!!!

spoiler[How did Tohru explain to Ou and Hanna what happened to her? Are the three of them still as close of friends as before? Why did Kyo's master fall to his knees after seeing Kyo in Tohru's arms? Was it to honor Tohru for what she did, or was it because he was overcome with relief that his plan for Kyo worked? I would have loved to have seen Tohru honored in some way for accepting Kyo in his other form. What exactly was Hatori and Shigure talking about as they were walking away from Sohma house? Why were they adament that Tohru's visit changed Akito? I felt like Tohru did when she said not much happened when asked by Kyo what happened. What exactly is Akito's part of the curse? Why must he die? Supposedly the curse has been going on for generations. Does a member of the Sohma house have to die each generation?
]

I realize the manga probably has some of the answers, but I'm not much of a manga reader.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Furuba_Girl wrote:
Anime cry Yeah... kinda weird how they did that though. I do hope that they end up making a second season with the crane thing Mid-Boss was talking about..that would be awesome Anime smallmouth

considering the Fruits Basket anime finished up in 2001, it's HIGHLY doubtful more will come out.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
Furuba_Girl wrote:

considering the Fruits Basket anime finished up in 2001, it's HIGHLY doubtful more will come out.

And Saint Seiya ended sometime in the mid 80's, and yet completely out of the blue they restarted the story with two OAV series and a film, and intend to continue it. While thats not entirely the case with Fruit's Basket, it goes to show that it's not impossible for something to restart or even get new things made for it.
sweet_lavender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket is a really good, touching story...i heard in the news that if many people vote for fruits basket, the director or whoever it is will continue the story. Anime smallmouth
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
sweet_lavender wrote:
Fruits Basket is a really good, touching story...i heard in the news that if many people vote for fruits basket, the director or whoever it is will continue the story. Anime smallmouth

Ohh, I saw something like that (Don't know if its the same thing). But if alot of people voted for a the series to continue it wasn't for sure that they, as in the creators, would actually continue. They were voting to try to encourage them to continue the series.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote
sweet_lavender wrote:

altho they did have a petition for the people who worked on the original Fruits Basket anime to try to get them to continue it the part about getting enough people to sign it making them decide to is fabrication. MANY fans have been pestering them to make more, fans all over the world, plus FUNi has been pestering them as well. if they were going to give into pressure they would have announced a second season already.

also, there are some problems with continuing the anime, mostly having to do with later revolutions in the manga (such as spoiler[Akito's gender, in the anime Akito is pretty obviously male, but in the manga it's revealed Akito is female]) and plot lines left unexplored in the anime. granted, some of the unexplored plot lines can be introduced later if they make a second season, but explaining away some later revolutions from the manga would be hard.

also, I said HIGHLY unlikely, not impossible. I know about Saint Seiya, and we got Hellsing being redone when that started in Japan around the same time as Furuba, but it's only a TINY percentage of series that get restarted in any way, either as a remake or another season, after they've been done for almost half a decade or more. don;t get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see more Furuba anime, but I've resigned myself to the fact that, like Ushio & Tora and Shinesman which I would also love to see continued, it's just not likely to happen.

Last edited by Weazul-chan on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Weazul-chan wrote:
Furuba_Girl wrote:

And Saint Seiya ended sometime in the mid 80's, and yet completely out of the blue they restarted the story with two OAV series and a film, and intend to continue it. While thats not entirely the case with Fruit's Basket, it goes to show that it's not impossible for something to restart or even get new things made for it.

Hell, even Hellsing is getting a fresh start. People had been whining about that one for years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1