• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you think is better Ragnarok or .hack//sign

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Ok... Im asking the question what do you think is better, Ragnarok (based on one of the best MMORPGS of all time) or .hack//sign (later made into a great 4 part rpg). For this question I would like you to consider how each of the anime's made you feel... how did you like the animation quality and the story behind each of the different series. Also who was your favorite character in each and why they where your fav.

For me I liked both anime series a tonne I have rated them both masterpeices, I however gave .hack//sign the edge when I was comparing the two becasue I just thought it was a little bit more emotionally involved with the characters. My favorite character in .hack//sign was "Bear" because he always was insightfull and very helpfull. He was also very informed, Roan from Ragnarok was a great leader in some cases and he had a willingness to suceed, It was also pretty cool how he gained so much power so quickly through sheer will and that he was so concerned with yufa's safty.

Ok people lets here your answers and please for people reading remeber to black out all of your spoilers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
unknown_chronicles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:19 am Reply with quote
Ok to answer your question, I would have to say, .hack//sign would be better. But it is true that Ragnarok is the best MMORPG I've ever seen. Though I haven't watched Ragnarok the animation, I know it isn't that good 'cause my friends don't talk about it.

The unique thing about .hack//sign most of the story takes place in an on-line game. This gives the egde for .hack//sign in animation. Like the character design, the outfits and weapons (particularly in the 4 part ps2 game) are good but I would really go for the magic spells and how they look like when they're casted. Another thing is the setting of .hack//sign, this takes place in "The World". The artwork is unique, in .hack//sign but even more in .hack//Legend of the Twighlight. If you ever seen .hack//Legend of the Twighlight (Kite, Blackrose,Mirril, Orca *the player who can turn into a dog* etc.) the animation is a little smoother than .hack//sign, it's because Koji Sawaii, the director, used 12 frames per second instead of the usual 8, this gives the character more facial expresion and actions in fight scenes smoother and clearer.
The story of .hack//sign is nothing I haven't seen before, a virus attacking players in "The World" thus giving a coma to the players. In .hack//sign there are actually two heros, Tsukasa the Wavemaster and Kite the Twin blade. Kite was only seen at the last episdoe of .hack//sign, but in the 4 part rpg, Kite is the main character. Tsukasa is a very special character indeed, he was abel to feel pain in the game and could never log out of the game, he was in two palces at once, in "The World" and in the hospital, he was one of the victims. He had only one mission, to wake Aura up, but had to wake her up in the right way, if not that would be the end. Kite in the other hand (refering to the game) had to stop the virus infected monsters and player with his data drain, an invincilble and invisible bracelet that's able to overwrite data. But I would have to go for Kite as my favorite character, you would'nt know Kite if you've never played the 4 part rpg. Kite's reason and mission is quite understandable. He's friend, Orca of the Azure Sea, being Data Drained by Skeith and now in a coma. Now he holds that same power that can save him. His great concren for his friend is what let him reached his goal, Kite never gave up, the old Kite and the new Kite (Shuugo).

And besides .hack is going to release it's frist ever MMORPG called .hack//Fragment, so .hack is better than Ragnarok
-end-
therax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hack is better than Ragnarok

Why:
Hack was not constrained to a static world, where strict rules had to be followed. It allowed the creators to make a more vibrant setting.

Ragnarok the Animation was like putting an online adventure on paper and fleashing it out with a story line. The characters had to obey the game laws allready in place. The places they visited in the anime had to be the same as in the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1