• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the Craziest Thing you've done for an anime?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote
So like the title says, what's the craziest or wierdiest thing you've done or seen some one else doing just because they were a fan of the anime or something along those lines.

The craziest or rather weirdest thing that I've done (and still doing) is using Beanie Babies and acting the whole entire Weiss Kreuz series out with them. Although I haven't seen the series, I get the info of the shows from episode summaries I find and act everything out from there. Almost everything is constructed from household items like the crossbow for Omi, who's being played by a purple bunny!

So, what about you guys? It can be public like cosplaying or it can be private like the situation with me.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, nothing as crazy as that but i do sing along to opening and ending sequences for some anime and...........how should i say this, i pretend that i'm in the anime and memorize the lines of my favourite characters. (don't know if that sounds right)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I was actually planning on holding back my coming home to the US in order to get the second half of CARDCAPTOR SAKURA in English off of animax...

it isn't the best *in fact, it's inconsistent as hell, same with most animax English dubs*

But I really enjoyed it when it was at it's best

... but hey, maybe when ANIMAX gets out here to the states, they'll carry over the SINGAPORE dubs *which everyone will hate, but whatever... buy the DVDs then f00 Confused *

I also starved myself to get manga every week back in the Philippines
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
If I had a head protector from Naruto I'd wear that day in day out. I don't like cosplaying/-ers, but I'd love to have one of those.

Similar to the beanie baby thing, back in the day I used to make my DBZ figures fight out scenes from the show. Anime hyper
...but I'm sure we all did that at some point in our lives...If not with DBZ, then with Ninja Turtles or He-Man and whatnot.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
My cousin got one of those HEAD PROTECTOR thingies near my place...

but I'm not sure if it's legit or not... the place *in RANCH 99* mixes bootlegs with original stuff...

I could really only tell the pirated DVDs apart from the original stuff... everything else, not so sure
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I play with my Sailor Moon action figures and act out a series. LMAO! Laughing
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Ain't nothing to be ashamed about there Razz
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Five words.... Waste huge amount of Money... I can't seem to distinguish whether or not the other things I've made in regards to Anime are as crazy as wasting money in a poor country Anime smile
kanegawa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
well i've written a fan fic, with me in it.. And sing to songs.. I guess that's it.. Razz not much.. I like to write
Dranxis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I used to act out fights with my Zoid figures all the time. And do ridiculously OOC skits with my plushies. Anime hyper
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I'm in my pool or tramp I act out any series and look really stupid doing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
not much, actually.
I sing along, sometimes.

And I'll daydream and pretend to be a character in an anime/manga and how I would do things differently (actually, I do that with any fantasy book/show/movie)

Also, I spend money on it. I"m getting a job soon, and with my first few paychecks I'm going to binge and get all the anime that I"ve been wanting to get (not much, really. well, about 300 bucks worth, all at once Embarassed )

Last edited by BoygetsfireD on Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Another thing that I though of thats crazy that I do is I pretend to be different anime characters with different personalities infront of my friends (whether they notice it or not, I don't know) and I end up saying or doing something stupid which leaves me in much pain either on the ground or limping towards a safe zone (a.k.a mens washroom).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, me and my friend back in the Philippines would like to emulate HARLOCK a bunch of times... it was cool, we'd be all:

BEGONE! Laughing
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Well, nothing as crazy as that but i do sing along to opening and ending sequences for some anime and...........how should i say this, i pretend that i'm in the anime and memorize the lines of my favourite characters. (don't know if that sounds right)

Yeah I've pretty much done the same thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2