• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Paranoia minus the agent?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:25 am Reply with quote
British director Tony Kaye, who became persona non grata in Hollywood after waging war with New Line over "American History X," is set to helm indie thriller "Paranoia." "Paranoia" concerns a top ad agency exec who comes to work on a Friday only to learn it's actually Sunday and she's a suspect in a murder case. She tries to reconstruct the two lost days from clues found in her handbag, with the storyline culminating in a "Sixth Sense"-like twist. Jon Land wrote the screenplay....

Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050811d.php

Sounds a little similar to a certain Satoshi Kon series we all know and love...
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting this post to be about DDR Laughing
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:32 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
British director Tony Kaye, who became persona non grata in Hollywood after waging war with New Line over "American History X," is set to helm indie thriller "Paranoia." "Paranoia" concerns a top ad agency exec who comes to work on a Friday only to learn it's actually Sunday and she's a suspect in a murder case. She tries to reconstruct the two lost days from clues found in her handbag, with the storyline culminating in a "Sixth Sense"-like twist. Jon Land wrote the screenplay....

No it doesn't.

That has NOTHING to do with PA. I bet you also think the new King Kong movie coming out is related to DBZ because of the giant ape. Rolling Eyes

It sounds nothing like PA, but it'd probably be good for fans of Kon's series. That's what you should've said.

Bruce Lee wrote:
I was expecting this post to be about DDR Laughing

Okay...
Tetsujin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
She tries to reconstruct the two lost days from clues found in her handbag, with the storyline culminating in a "Sixth Sense"-like twist. Jon Land wrote the screenplay....

Actually, this sounds more like the Philip K. Dick novel Paycheck, which was made into a movie starring Ben Affleck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1