• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OT: Pixar in the same boat as Dreamworks and ADV with dvds?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Citing slower-than-expected sales of the DVD version of its hit movie The Incredibles, Pixar on Thursday slashed its earnings estimates for its second quarter to $12 million from $18 million. The company echoed DreamWorks Animation's announcement two months ago that it would miss its earnings forecast because of slow DVD sales for Shrek 2. The warning announcement triggered a 10-percent drop in Pixar shares in after-hours trading.

Source: July 1 http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2005-07-01/[/img][/url]
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Which is too bad considering I loved both of those movies, Incredibles was way better than Finding Nemo and I thought Shrek 2 beat the first Shrek easily.

I'm willing to guess alot of it has to do with piracy and people simply downloading movies and such. It has a larger impact than people think, problem is even if people see it they still don't care anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mahoro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Also another factor is people just don't want to wait and buy the licensed versions for the dvds. Considering most sales come from the sales of and rental of the dvds, studios are going to have to learn how to circumvent the increase in privacy and *gasp* rentals. Laughing Personally, Morgan Freeman's Clickstar is a good idea. http://www.clickstarinc.com/ Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1