• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Turn A Gundam ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
There's only one thing that kind of threw me off. Why did spoiler[Loran kiss Sochie?] I checked out MAHQ and in the ep. summary it says that it was very clear that Sochie had feelings for Loran. Maybe I missed it but I never noticed her having any romantic feelings for him. I know she kept trying to show off as a 'tough girl' but I don't remember anything that would clue in on her love for Loran. Even so why would Loran do that if he loves Queen Dianna? I guess I must've missed something.

Side note: Am I the only one who thinks Gym was a cross between Scirocco and Master Asia?
zaphdash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
Sochie clearly did have feelings for Loran; it's a little bit subtle (and in that regard, remarkably well written for an anime), but it's definitely there. If you rewatch the show, you'll probably see it better. Loran, obviously, loved Dianna and not Sochie. But that's not to say he didn't feel anything for Sochie. So it was basically a goodbye kiss to tell Sochie that he loves her too, but Dianna's the one for him. Or at least that's how I've always thought of it.

Never really considered Gym Ghingnham as a Scirocco/Master Asia hybrid, but I guess I can kind of see it.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Hm...well I picked a random ep. to try and see it and it was a little more noticeable. I guess it was hard for me to catch it the first time around because of the big front she put up. As far as that scene at then end the way you look at it makes sense. In any case the last 2 episodes were very entertaining.

I just caught the hybrid cause Gym kind of works on the sidelines manipulating others (mainly Agrippa) a lot like Scirocco and what his plans for Earth resembled Master Asia's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1