• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uncut Yu-Gi-Oh DVDs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penguin_Lord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I heard that 4Kids Entertainment is going to stop releasing the uncut Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King DVDs. Can some please clarify this for me? Thanks.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Yep, since no one bought them (though considering the shitty state of the discs, I wouldn't blame them).
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Umm... but Amazon.com sales ranks indicated that they were selling really well.

I have a suspicion that Viz and their "Shonen Jump Video" line has something to do with uncut releases of those properties. Or maybe it's just 4Kids.
emory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I have a suspicion that Viz and their "Shonen Jump Video" line has something to do with uncut releases of those properties. Or maybe it's just 4Kids.

However, DBZ is also a Shonen Jump series, and it's still being released uncut. YYH as well. I think it's just 4Kids.
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Really? I thought he said in an interview (CEO) that they would put it all on hold until the end of Yugioh and Shaman King on TV.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Maybe not as well as they were expecting? If there was actually something worth profiting from, they would have continued with it. Then again, Shopro might just want their home video rights back, or something.

Quote:
Really? I thought he said in an interview (CEO) that they would put it all on hold until the end of Yugioh and Shaman King on TV.

People change their minds as often as the wind changes direction. THey said that they didn't want the uncut and cut competing against each other, but that wouldn't make sense since the uncut versions of Yugioh were (several?) hundred episodes behind the current cut release.

I'm going to go with the Shopro/Shonen Jump Home Video theory.
Laruto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Quote:

Maybe not as well as they were expecting? If there was actually something worth profiting from, they would have continued with it. Then again, Shopro might just want their home video rights back, or something.

Quote:

People change their minds as often as the wind changes direction. THey said that they didn't want the uncut and cut competing against each other, but that wouldn't make sense since the uncut versions of Yugioh were (several?) hundred episodes behind the current cut release.

What is this Shonen Jump Video stuff any way can you give me a ringer. Very Happy
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

What is this Shonen Jump Video stuff any way can you give me a ringer. Very Happy

Shonen Jump Home Video is Viz/Shopro's tag for the various Anime releases based off of Shonen Jump Properties. So far, the first two announced titles are Naruto and Hikaru No Go.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Laruto wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Shonen Jump Home Video is Viz/Shopro's tag for the various Anime releases based off of Shonen Jump Properties. So far, the first two announced titles are Naruto and Hikaru No Go.

One Piece was said over at one the Conventions it'd be released under the Shonen Jump Home Video. Though not publicly announced. One of the editors I think stated it.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:

One Piece was said over at one the Conventions it'd be released under the Shonen Jump Home Video. Though not publicly announced. One of the editors I think stated it.

Which panel, which convention, who?
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:

Which panel, which convention, who?

It was mentioned over at Arlong Park. So I'll get back to you on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1