• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Hunter (Houshin Engi): buy or skip?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering for some time now if Houshin Engi anime is worth buying, since it's a fairly cheap series to buy. The ratings here at ANN are moderate, although at Anime NfO, the user rating is slightly worse. I generally don't like romance or shoujo type genres, but this shouldn't be a problem here. I also dislike slow moving plots that never get anywhere and low quality animation. The thing is, the manga is 23 volumes, yet the anime is 26 episodes, and I was wondering if that made the anime poorly developed.
Second question: If I do intend to buy the complete series, is the complete collection at Anime Castle legitimate? (It's cheap, as much as I dislike the site.) Or I guess Anime Nation wouldn't be a bad deal either. Thanks in advance.
spider-moose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
skip, it was pretty boring for me

to slow paced and retarded moments that ruin the time of the anime takes place in

like them dancing around a boombox for no reason other then to have a ALL AMERICAN PARTY!

better series to buy out there then this one, only thing I liked about it was the opening song
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1